Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to addressing public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MDHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill vacancies in 2 regions of Kagera and Dar es Salaam, as described below:
Position Title: Regional Clinical & SI Manager (RCSIM): 1Post: Kagera
Reports to: Regional Project Manager (RPM)
The Regional Clinical and SI Manager (RCSIM) will be responsible for providing overall technical support in program implementation and SI activities at regional, district and facility site level.She/he will respond to the RPM and will work in close collaboration with the relevant region and district level health management teams in program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities CLINICAL SERVICES SUPPORT:
- The RCSIM provides technical leadership to supported Afya Kwanza Project programs including HIV Testing (HTS} Services, PMTCT, Care and Treatment (C&T), TBHIV integration, Laboratory Support, Supply Chain Management, and Retention and Community Linkages, initiatives and Data Management in the assigned region.
- He/She oversees needs assessment, on HIV and related programs in the region and organize efforts to address these needs including areas of the capacity building through on-job training, mentorship, and supportive supervision and health system strengthening in collaboration with the R/DACCs.
- In collaboration with the RPM, the RCSIM is responsible for the timely development of efficient work plans for the region and the monitoring of the progress versus planned activities and targets in these work plans
- To lead and oversee the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of ART Retention, TB/HIV and Community linkage services in the region under the Afya Kwanza project
- To lead efforts in the identification of gaps in ART retention, TB and community-based services; design and implement/oversee PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
- To provide technical assistance to the Regional and district health management teams, QI teams and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of CQI and PHE initiatives
- To lead the implementation of CQI and PHE initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including index HIV testing, focused PITC, differentiated service delivery models (SDMs), ART retention and viral load suppression in line with national guidelines
- In collaboration with the RPM, the RCSIM is responsible for distribution, follow up and weekly/monthly monitoring of set targets of key performance indicators by the region, districts, and respective health facility
- To identify, engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners, in HIV and related services so as to maximize reach and impact of Afya Kwanza project activities in the region
- Collaborates with RPM, grants team and District Project Managers in reviewing district sub-grantees’ proposals and ensure implementation as per budgeted workplan so as to assure realistic target setting and adequate allocation of resources
- To lead efforts in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned, and other relevant documents as required.
STRATEGIC INFORMATION SUPPORT:
- The RCSIM will work closely with M&E and Data Units in assuring data and quality of reporting is up to required standards and in using M&E approach for effective program management
- Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for both HIV testing services, Care and treatment services, PMTCT, TB/HIV, Retention and Community Linkage service
- To ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems.
- To oversee efforts to robustly analyze and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation, write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination and also for program eval
- Responsible in coordinating timely program monitoring and reporting activities for HTS, C&T, TB/HIV and PMTCT programs by districts at the regional level for efficient data collection, compilation and timely reporting at the site level
- Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual facilities, district, and regional level.
- Perform a final review and verification of the quality and completeness of the quantitative quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports from the respective region, district and facilities.
- To ensure programmatic training conducted are done timely, are of national standards following the national curriculum and are recorded timely in train smart
- To oversee ICT equipment are procured and recorded accordingly with periodic inventory done on ICT materials at regional, district and facility level
- Performing any other work-related duty assigned by supervisor or SMT
Required Qualifications: Education, Work experience and skills
- Medical Doctor degree with the current registration from the MedicalCouncil of Tanzania
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 3 years of experience in design, implementation, management, and M&E of HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Experience in writing of abstracts, manuscripts, proposals, and reports
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 18th November, 2018, to the Director of Human Resources and Administration through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.