CLINICAL DIRECTOR AT PASADA, DAR ES SALAAM
PASADA (Pastoral Activities and Services for people with AIDS Dar es Salaam Archdiocese) is a Tanzanian faith-based organization operating under the umbrella of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. It is a social and health services provider that began in 1992. PASADA opened a dispensary in 1994 and since then has grown rapidly to meet the exploding demands of the HIV pandemic in the five districts of Dar es Salaam region and 5 Districts of Coast region. The catchment area has a total population of 6 million people out of which over 30% live below one USD per day. PASADA reaches the poorest of the poor infected and adversely affected by HIV and AIDS.
PASADA provides them with a comprehensive range of services along the continuum of care including social, medical, and limited material relief. Although operating under the aegis of the Roman Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort and for over last 2 decades free of charge. Additionally, educational programs are carried out at community level with the objective of reducing stigma and discrimination and promoting behavioral change, thereby limiting the spread of the virus.
PASADA is in need of a Medical Director to perform various clinical, supervisory and administrative duties as per the herein under arrangement:
REPORT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Proposed duties for the Medical Director
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic ajira direction including long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful program outcome
- Ensuring program and project results are achieved in a timely manner, efficiently and economically
- Develop work plan to support programs and participate fully in evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program according to set targets and identify areas for improvement, setting and implementing strategies to achieve project results.
- Oversee and supervise the day to day project activities in support of patient care at PASADA clinics
- Participate in relevant meetings with donors and other partners/stakeholders
- Take lead in supervising and monitoring implementation of program objectives and planned activities.
- Review and evaluate programs/projects challenges and successes and adopt and apply consistently best practices and strategies to achieve program and project goals
- Prepare reports on the program/project for management, donors, and stakeholders including, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual progress reports
- Addressing and responding technical queries from donors, government and stakeholders
- Participate in capacity building of program staff
- To ensure all activity reports reaches the Executive Director’s office before the stipulated dead line.
- Ensure all occupational health and safety standards are followed by staff
- To ensure there is a harmonious effort that reinforces collaboration with other departments
- To ensure department staff respect and follow all work ethics. This is not limited to; punctuality, filling of timesheets and absence from the workplace as stated in the employee work contract.
- To work in collaboration with heads of TB, PMTCT, Laboratory, Data, Reception, Pharmacy and Outreach sections toward achieving departmental and organization goals
- To ensure departmental action and leave plan is followed accordingly
- To ensure financial requisitions related to the department are followed
- Coordinate and monitor professional development through CME and other formal trainings
- To coordinate clinical mentorship activities for staff in ART, PMTCT and TB programs
- To advise the Executive Director of PASADA on new ideas and technology changes that may have an impact on daily clinical work
- To ensure the quality of care is offered according to PASADA standard operating procedure. This is not limited to proper diagnoses, Laboratory investigations, medication, referrals, follow up and Education to clients.
- To transcribe the PASADA-clinical standard operating procedures and ensure the documents are periodically updated.
- To perform any duties as assigned by the Executive Director of PASADA
Education and experience
- Postgraduate degree equivalent of Masters Degree or Ph.D. in Public health
- A background with Degree of Medicine is an added advantage.
- Skills in program and project management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Program and project data analysis, interpretation, dissemination and make evidence-based decisions to improve performance
- 5 years in donor-funded program management, 3 years at a senior level
- Pro-active and innovative attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team leader and player
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
All applications letters with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 15th August 2019, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The contact address is;
The Executive Director,
P.O. BOX 70225,
Dar Es Salaam
Physical Address: Within the Catholic Church Compound opposite Police Chang’ombe.
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii