The Guardian Limited (TGL), widely acclaimed as the Home of Great Newspapers, is part of the IPP Group of Companies - one of Tanzania's leading private sector entities with dignified presence in the print media as well as television and radio broadcasting.
TGL currently publishes two upmarket daily newspapers - The Guardian (in English) and Nipashe (in Kiswahili).
In our ongoing endeavour to ensure that, we have a team of highly qualified, diligent and motivated professionals in our various departments and units, we are looking for suitable people to fill the following vacancy below:
Position: CIRCULATION FIELD OFFICER – DAR ES SALAAM
To boost copy sales and develop relationships with agents and vendors in the sales channel in the assigned area to meet your set sales targets.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following key results:
- Work with the agents and vendors in making sure that the business grows and The Guardian Limited publications are available and visible and sold at the set retail prices ajira with optimal return levels.
- Develop and grow more channels of distribution.
- Monitor indicators relating to market arrivals, circulation sales and returns indicators and make appropriate reports to Circulation Supervisor.
- Identify and build rapport with existing and potential customers by communicating the benefits of Selling The Guardian and Nipashe.
- Monitor newspaper distribution and sale trends in particular areas, prepare weekly sales plans and update supervisor on a regular basis.
- Monitor daily performance of TGL brands in your particular areas of operation in comparison to our rival publications and make reports that guide growth strategies.
- Open up new markets in particular areas of operation that will in turn translate into higher sales.
- Attend customer complaints that in one’s particular area of operation so as to maintain good customer relations and protect the company’s interests.
- Liaise with supervisor in credit control and debt management within particular area of operation.
- Submit daily and weekly reports on progress on activities, including meeting set sales targets.
- Manage debt collection and credit control within one’s respective area operation.
- Demonstrate ability to work under minimum supervision.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Business Administration/Sales & Marketing or equivalent.
- At least 2 year’s relevant working experience.
- Excellent communication skills, computer knowledge, and familiarity with a wide range of newspapers brands.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Apply online via HRO email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 13th, 2020.
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Guardian Limited is an equal opportunity employer.