Nature and scope:
The Gender and Nutrition Officer directly reports to the TI3P Project Coordinator with a dotted reporting line to the Research and Advisory Manager for technical guidance; S/he also works closely with the bank management team to provide overall support on gender, youth, and nutrition functions across the bank operations and programs and partners. As such, s/he will work in close collaboration with respective TI3P staff and partners with a view to supporting the project to implement gender intentional inclusion approach that seeks to address gender inequality and promote women’s involvement in and benefit from the dairy value chain while improving household diet quality and nutrition.
Technical advice and support to management.
- Drive implementation of Gender and Youth Policy and its strategy in close collaboration with other units and directorates within the bank.
- Lead as a technical resource for integrating gender, youth, and nutrition approaches into the TI3P Project and TADB portfolio.
- Lead in profiling and analysis of trends and current gender and youth issues to inform the development of an innovative and impactful portfolio of new and existing products, services, programs, and scaling strategies of the TADB business model across the country.
- Provide technical advice to the TI3P team and partners in the implementation of project interventions to ensure gender and nutrition are mainstreamed and aligned with national policies and priorities.
- Identify, build and nurture collaborative partnerships with different stakeholders to ensure the promotion of gender equality in the TI3P project locations and across the Country.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings for the Gender and Youth Task Force to enhance the integration and implementation of women and youth issues across all banks’ result areas.
Technical capacity-building support.
- Lead in the design of training methodologies and tools for gender and nutrition mainstreaming.
- Support Implementing Partners, Farmer Producer Organizations, and Processors in the design and implementation of gender and nutrition-related activities in implementing the TI3P Project.
- Lead in the design and facilitation of gender and nutrition training, workshops, and meetings with community stakeholders using participatory learning approaches.
- Lead in the design and implementation of all capacity-building activities for gender mainstreaming and nutrition integration at all stages of TI3P Project implementation.
- Organize and support nutrition promotional activities in the implementation of the TI3P project activities.
Monitoring, Learning, and Reporting.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation Manager to develop effective Gender Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) System to inform the bank on the implementation of Gender and Youth Policy and Strategy.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation Manager in the development of frameworks for monitoring and evaluating the impact of TI3P on both women’s economic empowerment and nutrition.
- Aid in data collection, compiling lessons learned, and establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing.
- Support in updating and sharing with staff recent developments and knowledge tools in the areas of interventions.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Degree in Development Studies, Community Development, Nutrition, International Development, Gender Studies, Sociology, or other related fields of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience, with 3 of those working in supporting development programs, specifically gender, youth, and nutrition-related interventions.
- Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge in gender, youth, and development, particularly related to food security, agricultural value chains/market systems, financial inclusion, or nutrition-integrated agriculture.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting gender and/or other related participatory training.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating partnerships with various stakeholders at all levels of the business including community and policy.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures are desired.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyse a variety of information pertaining to gender and nutrition issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Strong communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Fluency in English language and Kiswahili.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank ajira Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities, and an excellent working environment.
Mode of Application & Deadline:
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, email@example.com
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective applications.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned no later than 4.00 pm on Monday, 03rd of October 2022.
If you have not heard from us four weeks after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful.