For over 60 years, World Education Inc Bantwana Division has catalyzed social change and improved lives through community development and capacity building initiatives in over 20 countries. Launched in 2006, World Education’s Bantwana Initiative has become a leader in fostering high quality, comprehensive service delivery for vulnerable communities. Currently, WEI is implementing Waache Wasome, a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) aimed at increasing adolescent girls’ enrollment and retention in secondary schools. Visit our websites to learn more about our work and programs at www.bantwana.org and www.worlded.org. World Education, Inc. now invites applications from suitably, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
POSITION: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
REPORT TO: Country Director/Chief of Party
LOCATION: Arusha (with frequent travels to the District, Ward and Villages)
The MEL Advisor will primarily provide technical assistance in setting up/managing an MEL system that supports effective management and collaborative and strategic learning across project teams, partners, clients/donors and stakeholders. The MEL Advisor will be supervised and reporting to the Country Director/Chief of Party and is a member of the core project management team. S/he will work in close collaboration with staff across functional teams.
Expected Outcomes: MEL systems put in place to gather and analyze high-quality data and High-quality MEL data collected, analyzed, and utilized to inform project operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make operational decisions and manages the various components of the project dealing with MEL;
- Develop/Update the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members;
- Manage project data using web-based MEL database system (Field link Tanzania);
- Ensure data quality applying a range of mechanisms and data verification procedures including staff training on MEL best practices, triangulating sources and methods as well as performing routine data quality audits;
- Lead writing of quarterly technical reports; including creating dashboards for real-time monitoring and feedback;
- Ensure MEL integration into learning and continuous improvement – facilitate learning sessions with the project team, partners, client and stakeholders to support adaptive management;
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in project approaches and scale-up.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in social sciences, Gender, international development, evaluation research, demography, Education, statistics, or a related field;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities; Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in a MEL role on a community, USAID/PEPFAR or education program; Knowledge of USG and other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage a high volume workflow;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Previous experience working in the region and on community or education programs is desirable but not required;
- Experience working in Pakistan is highly desirable, but not required;
- Fluency in English is required.
Mode of Application:
Submit your application letter, resume, capacity statement, contact information and names of three references to be sent to World Education lnc./(WEI) no later than 1700hrs on Monday the 15th November, 2018. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered. The application should be addressed to: Country Director, World Education lnc./(WEI), P. O. Box. 6234, ARUSHA, TANZANIA. OR send the application through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org WEI is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply.
We also encourage Tanzanians living and working abroad in the diaspora to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More jobs From this company