Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to addressing the public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MDHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill vacancies in 2 regions of Kagera and Dar es Salaam, as described below:
Position Title: District Project Manager (DPM)·1Post- Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Regional Project Manager (RPM), Dar es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and oversee the planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of the Afya Kwanza project work-plan and other MDH supported activities, in her/his respective counsel(s)
- To lead the implementation of key program initiatives to address program, donor and national priorities – such as index HIV testing and focused PITC – in line with national guidelines
- To ensure efficient utilization of Afya Kwanza project resources and compliance with donor regulations
- To actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA} to the District MedicalOfficer (OMO) and District AIDS Control Coordinator (DAGG), Council Health Management Team (CHMT) and supported health facilities in planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of HIV and related health programs, including the Council Comprehensive Health Plan (CCHP)
- To participate in strategic negotiations with council authorities on project issues on behalf of the RPM
- To conduct a needs assessment, on HIV and related programs and services in her/his council(s) and organize efforts to address these needs -; including in areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the RPM, OMO and
- To identify, engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners, in HIV and related services so as to maximize reach and impact of Afya Kwanza project activities in the council(s)
- To work with the RPM and Grants Officer to develop and oversee sub-grantees plans and budgets, as well as ensure optimum resource allocation and utilization and compliance with donor regulations
- To ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data -as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team
- Lead efforts to robustly analyze and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination
- To lead efforts to identify gaps in HIV and related programs and services; design and implement operations research (OR), PHEs, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
- To implement and manage a robust capacity building program, for HIV and related service providers; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship, and on-job training
- To supervise program staff under her/him in her/his respective counsel(s)
- To actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- To support and advise the RPM on Afya Kwanza program implementation and related issues in her/his respective council(s) and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RPM
Required Qualifications: Education, Work experience and skills
- MedicalDoctor degree with the current registration from the medical council of Tanzania
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 3 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Experience in writing of abstracts, manuscripts, proposals, and reports
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oralcommunication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 18th November, 2018, to the Director of Human Resources and Administration through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
More jobs From this company