“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job Title: Research Officer (2 Positions)
Immediate Supervisor: Study Coordinator, Malezi II
Job grade: 5
Research Officer is a member of the Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) team, will recruit, consent, interview, observe, and trace study participants enrolled in the Malezi II early child development (ECD) evaluation research. The Research Officer will also support monitoring and evaluation of the Malezi II program. This position is based in Tabora. The ideal candidate for this position is a person who pays great attention to detail, holds him/herself to the highest standards of hard work and integrity, and someone who will be comfortable working in rural communities and visiting study participants in their homes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable of EGPAF research policies and procedures, ethical conduct of research, human subject protection, the study protocol and all requirements of conducting study procedures.
- Conduct data collection procedures such as participant recruitment, screening, consenting, interviewing, home and clinic observations, and active tracing of enrolled participants, as per standard operating procedures.
- Manage audio and video recording equipment to ensure functionality and use during data collection.
- Ensure data deficiencies discovered are corrected.
- Conduct data entry.
- Ensure that study targets are met, and data are documented truthfully and completely.
- Preserve the integrity of the research by reporting any wrongdoing, deviations or violations observed or involved.
- Protect collected data and any other study documents and records through organized storage and management, keeping in locked cabinets overnight or when not in use, and only allowing authorized personnel to access such documents.
- Represent the study to local government authorities at formal and informal meetings, as required
- Plan local travel, write trip reports, and submit to the Regional Program Coordinator as required in a proper and timely manner.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Education And Experience
- University Degree.
- Three years work experience in public health (public sector) programs or evaluation research. Prior work with an international NGO or a research organization is an advantage.
- Experience in quantitative data collection.
- Experience in qualitative data collection an advantage.
- Knowledge of early child development an advantage.
Essential Skills And Knowledge
- Capacity and motivation to acquire new knowledge and skills in a short time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams (excellent communication, negotiation, follow-up, and motivation skills, plus a positive attitude).
- Ability and willingness to travel within Tabora up to 75%.
Submission to be sent CV;
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park , Mwaikibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17 th February 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company