Background – ETDCO
M/S Electrical Transmission and Distribution Construction and Maintenance Company (ETDCO) Limited) is a Subsidiary Company of TANESCO Limited established with the Objective of providing reliable electrical services for the TANESCO Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure countrywide and construction of new infrastructure for TANESCO and other companies within the country and beyond the borders. ETDCO Limited hereby invites Internal and External Applicants who are qualified, self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under mentioned post:
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must possess the following:
- Good qualification from recognized Learning Institution
- Good reference that can demonstrate the highest degree of integrity
- Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, creative and innovative
- Good team player
- Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Must be computer literate
INTERNAL AUDITOR (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
COMPANY: ETDCO LIMITED
Responsible for all Company Financial, Administrative and Projects Audit in collaboration with the Office of the Auditor-Controller General to ensure Company Compliance with the Government established Corporate Governance Rules and Regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and executing assurance and consulting audit engagements on Projects Management, Financial, Compliance, Information System, Technical, Operational audit and any required special investigation resulting in improved controls and operating efficiencies.
- Designing and completing the risk-based Annual Internal Audit Plan and develop an engagement work/audit program that effectively assesses the organisation’s control environment.
- Develop an Internal Audit Charter along with Organisational Internal Audit Policy and A Subsidiary Company of TANESCO Procedure Manual
- Carry out periodical inspection/checks of the physical assets and inventories of the organisation to ensure that they are properly utilized, maintained, safeguarded and adequately controlled.
- Preparing and finalizing written Audit Reports for review by TANESCO Head of the Internal Audit Unit for inclusion in periodic reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board and executive Director / Management.
- Proactively following-up to ensure Management’s action plans are progressing and addressing the risk exposure and control observations previously highlighted by Internal Audit and other external assurance functions (i.e Compliance, Regulators and Independent Auditors)
- Coordinating and liaising with Independent External Auditors to ensure year-end audit control testing by Internal Audit is performed efficiently, effectively, timely and at a minimum, meets their expectations/requirements.
- Where applicable, managing and developing staff throughout the course of assurance and consulting engagements.
- Perform other duties and special projects/audits as required by the Executive Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors from time to time.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Certificate of Secondary Education Form IV and/or VI
- Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Accountancy
- Postgraduate Degree in Accountancy
- Must be Certified Public Accountant
- Experience of not less than 3(three) years of working with/in a renowned Public or International Audit Firms.
- Must be Computer literate with practical knowledge of Microsoft office applications
ETDCO Limited wishes to recruit competent persons with high values of integrity and honesty, solicitation for favors will lead to disqualification of job aspirants.
The deadline for submission of applications is 20th February 2019
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to:
More Jobs From This Company
P. O BOX 31532
DAR ES SALAAM
REGENT ESTATE, URSINO HOUSE 21 – MWAI KIBAKI ROAD.