Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, new-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Project Officer - Construction (1
Amref Health Africa in Simiyu – Bariadi DC
The vacancy is open only for Tanzanian Nationals
To lead and provide technical/engineering support on construction work (rehabilitation/renovation) for Uzazi Uzima Project in Simiyu Region, in all proposed health facilities, in terms of infrastructures and sanitation facilities including improving water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) conditions through borehole drillings and water supply network infrastructures of health centers (HCs) and dispensaries. Also, to support the Project Manager in the implementation of Uzazi Uzima II project to ensure timely implementation of project construction activities to achieve the project goals and targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Act as a construction Project Manager who will be accountable for the technical expertise, implementation and supervision of all construction works of Uzazi Uzima Project.
- In collaboration with Project Manager, s/he will implement planned project activities and prepare, activity reports, monthly reports and donor reports
- To ensure construction of facilities are done adequately to increase access to adequate and safe water in health care facilities and dispensaries.
- To support the increase of sanitation and hygiene facilities and practices in health care facilities and dispensaries
- To conduct day today site supervision of construction work in the 24 health facilities to ensure quality and standards are being met
- Ensure compliance with environment management policy – EMP and compliance with relevant environmental, waste management, and gender audits, is included in the contract documents for contractor
- Address queries from prospective bidders/contractors, carrying out pre-tender site meetings and preparation of minutes of meeting
- Conduct comprehensive supervision with the District Authorities on activities carried out by the contractors to ensure complete compliance with the drawings, technical specifications and various stipulations contained in the contract documents
- In collaboration with district and regional authorities, monitor all construction as per work-plan and environmental management plan and produce construction reports
- Support District engineers to regularly monitor the progress and quality or certification of all construction works, and to submit construction progress reports to Amref Health Africa – Tanzania
- Checking and revising the Contractor’s programme to ensure completion of works within deadline as per signed contract
- Address al contractor’s claims and any contractual matters that may come up during project implementation
- To ensure that gender is being mainstreamed in all constructed and renovated facilities
- To ensure timely, efficient and appropriate use of project funds for specific deliverables are met and that and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time as per work certification.
- To liaison with Project Manager to ensure proper communication and involvement with district partners on implementation of project activities.
- To liaison with Project Manager to ensure necessary communication with consortium partners, government ministries and contractors
- To support Project Manager in Project development, concept note, and proposal writing in consistent with Amref Health Project goal and strategy.
- To work closely with local and national government authorities? For hand-over of completed construction works.
- To prepare and submit to the project manager, technical activity reports, monthly reports, quarterly reports and donor reports
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:-
- First or higher degree in one of the following disciplines : Water or Sanitary Engineering / Civil Engineering/ Water Resources management /Hydrology /Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Sciences and management
- Experience of working in Construction and/or WASH related projects is an added advantage
- Good mobilization and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS March 24, 2019. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE March 24, 2019
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply.
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company