Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, new-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Position: Sanitation Project Officer (1) E
Job Location: Mwanza Municipality
Report to: WASH Programme Manager
To implement and pilot this project Amref Health Africa in Tanzania seeks a Sanitation Project Manager for Mwanza urban work, who will be responsible for the management, implementation, and supervision of pro-poor solid waste and feacal sludge management activities and ensure proper coordination with the other programmes to promote integrated approaches. As a middle manager, you will follow up and supervise the implementation of interventions, scrutinize plans and reports to ensure there is coherence between projects towards the attainment of the Country Strategic Plan. The project manager will participate in relevant country programme resources mobilization initiatives that aim to sustain the programme development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Ensure correct technical design of WASH project proposal and the respect of project cycle
- Ensure timely implementation and reporting of project activities to the line manager and to the donor.
- Support proposals writing and implementation of WASH assessments.
- Support the development of Amref Health Africa WASH Strategy.
- Responsible for coordinating activities both in project area and elsewhere as directed by the line manager to ensuring the promotion of an integrated approach with other programmes.
- Ensure regular staff supervision, field visits and action-oriented feedback for monitoring and evaluation, adherence to accountability procedures and documentation.
- Compile and write weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports about the project progress to be shared with the programme manager and M&E Manager on a timely basis.
- Directly responsible for liaison with the different stakeholders and the authorities in the project implementation areas.
- Support to any other upcoming tasks/projects on WASH.
- Ensure proper Budget Administration for the projects managed and/or the WASH programme
- Ensure respect of Amref Health Africa administrative procedures
- Support administration in budget development for new projects
- Ensure timely and proper development of a Procurement Plan.
- Ensure supervision, acquisition and hand over of Equipment and materials.
- Coordination with HQ and field office’s logistic officers.
- Manage and follow proper procurement procedures through the IMP platform.
- Conduct regular KPI with the supervised staff to evaluate their performance
- Initiate training and capacity building for supervised staff and other Staff
- Staff management for the personnel under direct supervision
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- MSc Degree in Environmental/Sanitary Engineering, Public Health, Urban development, Water Engineering/Water Resource Management. Those with a Bachelor’s Degree and considerable demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant program management or technical implementation WASH projects
- Expertise in government, nongovernmental, and community capacity building for Sanitation
- Good working experience in community participation and development.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that employ evidence-based approaches to meet project targets, especially under rigorous timelines.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and international staff
- Experience in feacal sludge management (FSM), sanitation marketing and promotion
- Facilitation, negotiation, motivation, team building, and management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous environment and to operate in a decentralized organization.
- Supportive, versatile, personable and flexible.
- Team player, able to make quick decisions.
- Able to prioritize effectively for execution with limited resources
- Strong analytical and logical ability, works collaboratively, listening, communication and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of sanitation and hygiene promotion technics
- Ability to draft procurement
- Knowledge of urban pro-poor approaches and concepts
- Experience in solid waste management and social enterprises
- Experience in urban sanitation design and Feacal Sludge Management (FSM)
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS March 24, 2019. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY TO: email@example.com BEFORE March 24, 2019
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply.
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company