Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, new-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Position: Human Resources Officer
Location: Amref Health Africa Country Office in Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic support to the Human Resources functions, Administration and Management and ensuring that operations of the entire Amref Health Africa in Tanzania country program support services run efficiently and effectively in a cost-effective manner.
Key Responsibilities/Key Results Areas (KRAS)
- Employees Relationship
- Provide ongoing coaching, support and advice to the management and employees on people and HR related issues.
- Provide timeous feedback and maintain professional communication to all stakeholders of Amref Health Africa.
- Being available and proactive in addressing people-related issues in the Organization by maintaining a close relationship with the employees at all levels.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems within Amref Health Africa
- Performance Management
- Assist in ensuring of the effective communication and implementation of Performance Management system in accordance with Amref Health Africa human resources manual
- Assist the management with identifying of the top performers and implement appropriate action plans to further enhance their performance and career in the organization.
- Responsible on identifying of non-performers and assist management to develop personal development plans and monitor their progress on a monthly basis
- Compliance Management
- Provide guidance on compliance and counseling on Amref Health Africa policies, procedures and best practice
- Oversee training of Amref Health Africa staff in safety procedures and first aid caregiving and compliance to standard operating procedures by Amref Health Africa staff and high performance by security service providers.
- Work with teams to design strategies for continuous process improvement to ensure the sustainability of operations at all levels.
- Manage the development and maintenance of human resources systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain employee records according to Amref Health Africa policy and legal requirements
- Ensure employees compliance with Amref Global Code of Conduct, Safeguarding policy, HR audits and donor audits recommendations
- Recruitment & Selection
- Create, supervise and implement effective onboarding plans as per Amref Health Africa
- Identify the right candidates for the right job through assessments, interviews and employee profiling processes
- Maintain fair and equitable recruitment approach in line with the specific job requirements
- Conduct relevant employment background and reference checks on all employees and prepare job offers to the successful candidates
- Create a pool of suitable candidates for future employment on database to meet the employment demands of the business
- Employee Administration
- Ensure that contracts of permanent and temporary staff are prepared in collaboration with other departments.
- Ensure that salary packages of Amref Health Africa staff members are prepared as per Organization Human Resources policy.
- Ensure that files are opened for new appointments and transfers are done.
- Ensure that files are closed when employees resign or services are terminated.
- Ensure that Timesheet, attendance register sheets are scrutinized monthly.
- Ensure that new employee’s forms and contracts are received and completed (Pension Fund, Medical Aid, Social Security, etc.)
- Disciplinary & Grievances
- Take part in the disciplinary hearing process, assist to verify and confirm warnings and monitor improvement of undesirable behavior and misconduct
- Routine Administrative functions
- Support the Amref Health Africa HR Unit to conduct staff exit interviews to minimize the staff turnover and retain good performers
- Manage employee mobility through transfers, promotions, and terminations
- Ensure that all letters and other correspondences are correct, signed and send out on time
- Provide input to the policy and procedure formulation and amendments on an ongoing basis
Qualification, skills, and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, and Business Administration.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Strategic Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Laws and Business Administration
- Should have strong experience and background in managing compliance issues relating to donors regulations, statutory regulations and local/international established professional standards
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role, and working at least three years in an NGO or a donor-funded project
- Skilled in Administration, organization development, strategic orientation, and team orientation
- Thorough understanding of the local labor laws; confidentiality, analytical with an eye for detail
- Good communication skills; good organization skills; working with people, drive for results, leading and supervising, persuading and influencing, commitment, and integrity.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required (excellent written, spoken and comprehension skills).
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS March 24, 2019. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE March 24, 2019
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply.
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company