The WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature), an international conservation organization, is seeking a competent and highly motivated Programme Accountant, to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Under the directives of the Financial Analyst, the Programme Accountant’s responsibilities will be as follows: Provide hands-on support to the Finance team on all financial and operational issues to ensure effective management of the TCO Programs and projects. Oversee implementation of donor and WWF’s operational policies, procedures standards and systems including
budget management, financial reporting, audits. Support and coordinate development of program’s operational, strategic and business plans and ensure effective implementation of the same.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Program budgets management
- Manage program expenditure by ensuring that all program activities are fully funded and expended appropriately.
- Liaise with project technical staff and the TCO Finance Manager on budgetary/cash flows and disbursements from the donor and to program.
Financial management and accounting
- Playing a leading role in the preparation and ensure timely submission of all financial reports assigned to you for review and approval to Financial Analyst or Finance Manager for further submission to donors and other partners as per respective contracts.
- Manage key program documents including the filing of invoices, contracts, vouchers and other related documents in line with Field Accounting Manual and donor requirements.
- Program audits
- Organize Program audits including preparation of documents for internal, external and donor audits.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on income related issues and any other audit related issues as assigned by TCO Financial analyst.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field, Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage, Three to five years of working with financial/accounting systems experience in a major international organization/NGO i.e. USAID accounting, Good knowledge of fund accounting (including reporting requirements of major Bi-lateral Aid Agencies);
- Hands-on knowledge of the major ERP software would be a distinct advantage;
- Excellent English and knowledge of local languages an asset.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/. Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: email@example.com by Monday, 26th April 2019 at 4:30 pm. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is an equal opportunity organization.
More Jobs From This Company