Reports to: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
Ubongo is building brains and building change for families across Africa through fun edutainment on accessible technologies. We’re a social enterprise founded and based in Dar es Salaam, and we broadcast our shows Akili and Me and Ubongo Kids across the continent.
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO BE:
- Bachelor or Masters in Human Resources or related degree is preferable but not essential and at least 2-3 years working experience.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, and employee engagement and of course not forgetting someone who is sensitive to and understands organisational culture.
- Communication skills – Ability to interact and influence a range of seniority levels and is confident discussing sensitive issues with Senior managers.
- Someone who will drive for results and have the required soft skills for all levels of stakeholders and who will exemplify Ubongoer’s principles and values
- Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders, is able to work in a dual office model.
- Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the organization; identifies quick-wins and is able to quickly recover from loses.
- Discretion – Respect confidentiality when required on sensitive matters. This is essential given the nature of the job.
- Communication - Active listener and clear communicator and has an ability to build rapport at all levels of seniority. Listen, explains, challenges and supports people.
- Acts as a people developer.
- Exemplifies Ubongoer’s principles.
- Ensure that the office is running smoothly from governance and internal policy and compliance point of view
- Maintaining efficient and effective resource planning at every stage of the process and in line with our policy as well as ensure our compliance with necessary governmental policy.
- Ubongoers are always learning so that needs to be maintained through an effective and valuable on the job training.
- Maintaining/Enforcing the performance management process
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Provide advice on conflict management and act as the chairman of any conflict resolution meetings/disciplinary hearings (unless personally involved).
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and UBONGOERs Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops the oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- All oversees Ubongoers are to feel included in the Company with respect to all training and development, staff welfare and general support needs from the Tanzanian Office.
- Providing legal assistance to all staff (in the country and abroad) in particular in the areas of employment law, private insurance, and social security insurance as well as with in-house policies.
- Responsible for updating any and all Company Policies as the laws changes, for situations where the change in the law would cause our current policy to be in non-compliance with the law (both internationally and locally).
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, and you get to watch cartoons at work.
More Jobs From This Company