POSITION: DATA ANALYST
Ubongo is building brains and building change for families across Africa through fun edutainment on accessible technologies. We’re a social enterprise founded and based in Dar es Salaam, and we broadcast our shows Akili and Me and Ubongo Kids across the continent. We’re a data-driven company invested in creating, and measuring impact while working to become financially sustainable over the next 4 years. We are looking for a Data Analyst who is energetic and one that loves to tell stories through numbers. We’ve expanded our offices from Tanzania to South Africa, and have teams in Kenya, Nigeria and are broadcasting our content in over 31 countries, reaching 11 million households weekly across the continent.
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced and detail-oriented Data Analyst to help us make sense of the numbers collected from research, impact studies, audience viewership numbers and business intelligence across the markets in which we operate. A successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insights and insights into business decisions. The qualified candidate will work very closely with our research and ajira business team, and could be based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania or Johannesburg, South Africa.
SOME OF YOUR FIRST CHALLENGES WILL BE:
- Interpret data collected from research studies, user testing, audience reports, and analyze results using statistical techniques and produce reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Work with Ubongo management team to prioritize business and information needs, and build realtime data dashboard for monitoring key company metrics.
- Identify and define new data process, systems and improvement opportunities.
TO BE A MATCH YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
More Jobs From This Company
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages(Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc) or other tools.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information management or Statistics or relevant degree.
- Prior Knowledge about Google Analytics and app development will be considered as an extra plus.