At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The goals of this role are to achieve sales targets and increase market share through the distributor network and end user accounts. A key expectation is to develop strategic partnerships and relationships with distributors and key major account stakeholders (e.g. Ministry of Health procurement) to achieve mutual growth targets. To provide strategic leadership and direction for sales of ARDx Cardiometabolic line products while positioning the local sales and/or technical team to achieve goals and budgetary objectives in support of overall division sales and profit plans. To be the local expert to build sales with key customers and leverage contracts nationally and locally through distributor network. Develop relationship by focusing on senior level management and sales expertise within major accounts and increase share within key accounts. Coordinate sales, marketing and support activities within the assigned region, including executive to executive meetings. The position reports to the Commercial Director – Africa, Cardiometabolic
Responsibilities and Duties.
- Oversee distributor sales plans/strategies to exceed sales goals and execute new product launches
- Develop and execute account-specific strategies to increase current sales growth, improve market share, and achieve profit objectives of RDX products.
- Manage Abbott ARDx Cardio sales or technical staff
- Manage the ARDx Cardiometabolic message to local accounts, including market dynamics, key decision drivers and trends, Identification of appropriate target accounts, initiatives and tactics to capitalize on opportunities.
- Develop and implement contract terms and pull-through programs.
- Have significant impact on all aspects of ARDx Cardio business from distributor support structure, customers, processes and products to sales growth, margin and country performance
- Adhere to standards, guidelines, regulations associated with Ethics and Compliance; set example as role model for sales and distributor organizations
- Support sales and customer-specific marketing efforts, Initiate customer support marketing activities like conferences, workshops, road shows and symposiums to support long term market growth initiatives
- Utilize written/verbal communication skills to give clear direction
- Prepare business plans, forecast and market share analysis for upper management
- Utilize internal processes and procedures to ensure optimal customer experience
- Drives for Results
- Focuses the organization on ways to consistently achieve high performance.
- Displays a Global Mindset
- Values diverse thinking and brings people and ideas together.
- Initiates Change
- Enrols others in the vision and is proactive in meaningful actions.
- Applies Market Insight
- Brings market intelligence into winning strategies.
- Collaborates Across Boundaries
- Reaches across the enterprise to solve problems and accelerate innovation.
- Builds and Inspires Trust
- Pursues trusting relationships with others, internally and externally.
- Passionate About People
- Inspires and builds winning teams.
- Ethical and compliant
- Ensure full compliance and exemplary professional behaviour
Problems to be ajira solved.
- Work with relevant functions to ensure alignment with our business goals
- Amend & adapt any current country practice to deliver aligned corporate priorities & strategic approaches
- Protecting existing business by setting specific goals for the country in terms of sales, profit, market share, coverage of target customers, penetration, promotions, & specific pricing. Track success vs. key measures – lead & execute corrective interventions as necessary.
- Finding new customers for new and existing products
Compliance Skills in the actual situation.
- Ensure all in country efforts are compliant with legal regulations – pricing, competition, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, etc.
- Ensure that all commercial efforts are compliant with the spirit & letter of relevant tax laws etc.
- Ensure all commercial efforts are compliant with local regulatory requirements and with Abbott Quality policies.
Operate within the Abbott ethics at all times.
Position Accountability /Scope / Impact.
- Adhere to and promote Abbott Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and Compliance guidelines;
- meet and exceed sales goals;
- demonstrates and able to articulate strong knowledge on assigned market macro-economic and market drivers
- complete each year under planned expense budget;
- complete administrative responsibilities in accurate and timely fashion, including all budget plans, forecasts, highlights, etc.;
- operate with openness and honesty;
- set high personal and professional standards; consistently meet commitments;
- self-disciplined and self-directed;
- demonstrates thorough understanding of key product attributes and product demonstrations;
- cultivates relationships with internal and external customers;
- develops strong networks and follows up on commitments;
- overcomes obstacles;
- maintains high work ethic.
Examples of Long-Range Planning, Strategic & Creative.
- Drive the development and execution of a Strategic Country Commercial plan in line with our overall business plans.
Environment / Culture.
- Entrepreneurial drive, in a matrix, changing environment.
- Positive forward thinking, and a champion for navigating in unchartered territories
- Advocate of a hands-on approach without blaming others
Self-motivation and discipline are key in this role
More Jobs From This Company
- To be successful in the role, the individual will need to have both proven Sales and Marketing background and also an established network with KOL and a strong ability to influence at a strategic level.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing a medical device / diagnostics distributor network across a country or region
- Ideally bilingual in English and Arabic
- Track record as an effective people manager. Stimulates teams to think analytically and creatively, empower them to be the best they can be.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Business or Technology
- Business experience in healthcare markets are essential.
- Solid understanding of working in different cultures
- Deep understanding of organisational development related to market structure and needs
- Ability to operate independently without frequent supervision or guidance.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The role will be based in Tanzania
- Able to travel up to 75% of their time. Occasional travel to Europe or The Middle East.