Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e-learning programme and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa -Tanzania has the following vacancy:
VACANCY POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PROGRAMMES
Reporting to the Head of Programmes of Amref Tanzania as the Line Manager and Director of Business Development, Amref HQ as the Functional Manager, The Business Development Manager provides strategic leadership and coordination of donor engagement and proposal writing. S/he uses an entrepreneurial approach in working with the Amref Health Africa Tanzania team to develop and submit high quality institutional and high-value donor proposals that are aligned with defined priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money. S/he is proactive in identifying new and non-traditional sources of funding from a range of institutional donors and working to leverage Amref Health Africa’s funding prospects. S/he builds the capacity of staff to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with other NGOs and private sector organizations. S/he will also oversee the development and implementation of Amref Health Africa Tanzania Resource Mobilization Strategy and Business Development Plan in line with the five years Strategic plan
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: –
Technical Leadership in Proposal development:
- Coordinate and support program departments to develop sound proposals according to their respective Business Development plans
- Support the roll-out of appropriate processes, tools, and templates (briefing notes, strategy documents, guidelines) to be used for business development
- Initiate and lead all aspects of proposal development for Amref Tanzania in collaboration with selected proposal development teams
- Serve as the lead writer on specific components of the proposal by facilitating strategy discussions, drafting the narrative (including executive summary, technical approach, staffing and management, monitoring and evaluation, and organizational capabilities) and incorporating reviewer feedback
- Establish and enforce timelines, designate roles and responsibilities, identify partners, at the different stages of proposal development
- Manage proposal development processes and ensure adherence to Amref s policies and procedures
- Review, revise and edit proposals developed by the country technical teams for soundness and compliance with donor requirements
- Coordinate and manage strategic consortium partnerships with appropriate local and international NGOs, CSOs, academic organizations and private sector firms for specific proposals to leverage Amref Health Africa in Tanzania’s chances of success in competitive calls for proposals and tender bids
- Prepare monthly reports on pipeline, bid submission, bid wins/losses and submit to the Head of Programmes
- Keep a repository of all the proposals submitted by all the Programme departments
Donor Intelligence, Funding Opportunity Identification and Tracking
- Work with the Head of Programmes, Amref HQ BD team and ENA offices to gather, update and share intelligence on upcoming opportunities, pipelines and donor priorities
- Conduct Donor intelligence gathering
- Develop nurture and cultivate a relationship with donors and strategic partnerships that grow Amref Health Africa
- Identify and negotiate potential consortium partnerships with other organizations.
- Identify and negotiate potential support and co-funding opportunities from E/NA offices for Amref Tanzania
- Regularly send out an updated tracker with information on funding opportunities to the Head of Programmes
- Maintain an up to date registration of all donor databases Capacity development
- Build the capacity of Amref staff through coaching, mentorship, and direct training to participate in technical and cost proposals and other business development efforts through mentoring and direct training
- As a member of the Amref Health Africa Core business development team, contribute to the continuous improvement of Amref’s systems for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities, developing proposals and budgets, and managing institutional knowledge.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE: –
- Minimum Master’s degree in social sciences, humanities, development studies, human rights, political science or other relevant disciplines
- 5years of demonstrated business development experience within the international development sector with a variety of donors including but not limited to UNITAID, GFATM, EU, USAID, CDC, DFID, JICA.GAC, UN, NORAD, SIDA, DANIDAGIZ, Italian Cooperation and the like.
- Demonstrated successful experience contributing to writing various sections of proposals including executive summaries, technical approach, and institutional capabilities
- Advanced understanding of proposal compliance requirements within the international development sector for priority donors such as UNITAID, GFATM, EU, USAID, CDC, DFID, JICA.GAC, UN, NORAD, SIDA, DANIDAGIZ, etc
- Knowledge of Tanzania and East Africa context
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, often at a distance
- Excellent English language skills (written, reading and spoken)
- Excellent writing skills with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to listen, lead, influence and build consensus
- Sound computer knowledge, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- This position is open to all nationalities
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancy, please send your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16.30 HOURS September 25, 2019.
Your email should contain an attached application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. The subject line of your email application should have the job title of the position you are applying. Failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. Direct application through the mail will not be accepted.
More Jobs From This Company
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer however women and people with ajira disability are encouraged to apply and has a non-smoking environment policy;
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.