UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [Protection]
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in processing of the entitlements and benefits by processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations and ensuring all relevant staff forms are forwarded to GSSC on a timely manner.
- Prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Support the office in expediting fixed term and temporary recruitments in accordance with UNICEF rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Support the on-boarding process of newly recruited staff by providing ajira orientation on applicable entitlements, rules, regulations, and procedures, and by organizing their respective briefing agendas as well as support the off-boarding process of staff exiting from the organization or change of contracts.
- Maintain and generate automated databases containing HR related statistics and generating periodic reports; and performing a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording).
- Establishing and maintaining HR files/records (electronic and paper) and drafting and processing of various correspondence.
- Any other HR-related activities and tasks as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have....
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience required
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of UN/ UNICEF HR rules, policy and procedures.
- Familiarity with SAP and HR automated systems.
- Good judgment, interpersonal skills, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact and discretion, ability to adapt to changes directions/thinking with sensitivity to different cultures
- Good analytical, writing and communication skills. Good working experience in reporting and data management/presentation.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
Competencies and Level of Proficiency required ( based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and Organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
More Jobs From This Company