AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation (World Bank), KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
As one of the fastest-growing banks in Tanzania, we are offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our dynamic expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit selfmotivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Credit department as Recovery Manager
Recovery Manager is responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of the Recovery Unit (while never compromising the professional and ethical standards of the bank).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces daily Recovery Unit performance reports for SME, Micro, and Agro Recovery Loan Officers (by region, branch, team, officer)
- Monitors the performance of all team members and implements the Performance Improvement Program where necessary .
- Follows the Credit Approval Matrix when it comes to Branch, Head Office, and Management-level Recovery Committees
- Ensures the proper levels of authorities are deciding on loan transfers from active teams to recovery teams (frequency, criteria, etc.)
- Creation of analytical tools which allow for the classification and prioritization of recovery loans into categories (based on days in overdue, client and collateral availability, distance to branch, amount outstanding, and likelihood to recover
- Ensures credit risks are identified and shared in cooperation with other teams
- To initiate and manage the relationship of the bank’s auction companies. This includes contract management, service level agreements, conflict resolution, claim follow up, handover of auctioned properties and tracking of the efficiency of auction companies
- Works in close collaboration with all external partners such as Regional Commission, local governments, Ministry of Land and Municipals, Auction Companies, Collection Companies, Eviction Companies, etc
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate unit structure, incl. respective Job Profiles in line with company/group standards.
- Ensures the implementation of coaching for Recovery staff and provides regular feedback to first line team members including recvery team leaders and recovery loan officers.
- Design and maintain efficient bonus calculation system which brings maximum longterm results to the bank and promotes responsible recovery actions by Recovery Loan Officers.
- Ensures all under-performing employees are managed through the Performance Improvement Program so that performance improves or separation is managed in accordance with internal and external regulations.
- Conducts official negotiations with delinquent clients and their related parties (such as co-borrowers, guarantors, relatives, etc) to ensure peaceful resolution of conflicts
- Collaboration with Legal Department to avoid unnecessary disputes.
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field;
- Minimum 4 years of functional operational experience in some combination of the following areas:
- Operational Credit Management including underwriting responsibility ➢ Branch Management.
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of hands-on Operational and Credit Risk Management experience in MSME financing.
- Diligent, self-committed, stable, objective, and rational personality
- Minimum 3+ years in middle management ajira position(s)
- Excellent managerial and open communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, presentation, and oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili (oral and written)
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications
- Proficient understanding of the laws and regulations of the Republic of Tanzania as it pertains to the environment in which loans must be recovery (e.g. Land Act, Regulations on Sale and Confiscation of Property, etc.)
- Experience in project and change management plus Interest in international cooperation.
- Additional advantages:
- Project and change management experience
- Certificates and diplomas or other training in Credit Risk Management and Credit Risk Assessment
Applications can be made through email@example.com or Human Resources Department,
Head Office, Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho village, Derm House P.O BOX 95068 DSM.DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter to HR Department not later than 07th December 2019.
AccessBank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer
More Jobs From This Company