Under direct supervision of the CP/CRG MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will support Project Officers and partner staffs in data consolidation and management and quality management; undertake MEAL related activities and supports the implementation of an appropriate monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for successful delivery and attainment of project goal and objectives.
S/he supports to ensure that strong MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the programs is of high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors
SCOPE OF ROLE.
Reports to: CP/CRG MEAL Coordinator with dotted line managed to CP/CRG Program Coordinator.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to design and implementation of ajira periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations in the area of CP/CRG.
- Collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and organize data received for reporting to the Project manager and MEAL Coordinator.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment and data validation, and provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement
- Develop capacity of partners and staff on the programme M&E framework, data management, and data analysis
- Participate in organizing and facilitating quarterly monitoring, progress review and learning events
- Make sure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data in sectors or develop and maintain effective database
- Participate in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Together with the Project officers, undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms. This may include ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- She/he will also be actively involved in promoting learning through documentation of lessons learned.
- Assist in designing and regularly updates program MEAL guidelines and tools and ensures that staff have access and can use the tools,
- Coordinates the collection, reporting and validation of data from the CP/CRG project
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of programme quality. Regularly analyse data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
- Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports,
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in an area of social science, statistics, economics, development studies, child rights, community development or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in M&E with experience of developing M&E plans, training staff, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting and/or other aspects of M&E in development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDS, Health and Nutrition, and emergencies
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives, such as child participation, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms.
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Spreadsheets and other Statistical software
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
- Experience in and proven ability to support, train and mentor staff and partners in monitoring and evaluation methodology
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children strategy, vision, mission, values and principles, good understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection
More Jobs From This Company