The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Manager to support the SHOPS Plus project and the GHSC program in Tanzania. Under the supervision of the Tanzania SHOPS Plus Chief of Party, the Finance and Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of financial and administrative support for the SHOPS Plus project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budget, financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with senior project staff
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.)
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances
- Keeps a regularly updated inventory register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property
- Support the general operations and closedown of the country program
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor, purchase order and consultant agreements
- Support the tracking and reporting of the cost share obligation for the country program
- Ensure proper ajira management of the country program bank accounts
- Provide limited financial support as needed to other Abt projects in Tanzania in collaboration with the Global Health Supply Chain program
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required
- Prepares the monthly remote office vouchers in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly fund requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, personnel files, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, files of project deliverables, minutes of meetings, and project reports
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholder, as needed
- Oversee the proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- A strong command of financial computer applications
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well on teams.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Fluency in English and in at least one local language
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
More Jobs From This Company