Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Cage Tender to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the Shaft are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Shaft Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days On / 7 Days Night / 7 Days Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines
- To perform cages prestart check up
- Responsible for loading and offloading employees to and from underground
- Ensure Cascade System are well Monitored.
- Ensure and maintain shaft pumps
- Perform housekeeping-all level
- Able to monitor blasting boxes
- Assisting during breakdowns of the cage skips and pipes
- Responsible for assisting during secondary blasting
- Ensure and maintain cleanness of cascade dams
- Ability to understanding underground portable water systems
- To perform Loading and offloading material to and from a shaft.
- To Prepare a conveyance for shaft examination and repairs
- To assist during shaft inspections
- Maintain dams’ level and report on any deviation
- Complete operational and maintenance check sheets as per requirements for all assigned equipment.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by Supervisor
- Ordinary secondary education
- Valid driving license
- Cage/on setter certificate will be an added advantage
- Forklift certificate will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar industry as Truck Operator
- Experience in shaft operations
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge in operating cage
- Mine health &Safety awareness
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “CAGE TENDER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before: 26th December 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance ajira Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company