CBM is an international Christian development organization committed to improving people's quality of life with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. For more information, visit our website at www.cbm.org
CBM seeks to recruit a Programme Manager based in Tanzania, responsible and accountable for developing and managing the effective implementation of the programme components of CBM’s Country Plan in line with the Federation strategy and close collaboration and coordination with relevant stakeholders within CBM. The Programme Manager shall maintain solid relationships with partners and takes responsibility for ensuring that they adhere to CBM’s programme standards and reporting requirements and that CBM also meets its partnership commitments. Effectively manages a complex country programme portfolio, including project development, budget management, monitoring, and evaluation; ajira and fosters a culture of learning. Manages country-level alliances and relationships with advocacy partners, including Organizations of People with Disabilities.
1. Main Activities
- Organize and conduct initial and regularly updated organisational capacity assessments and/or partnership reviews, jointly develop plans to address capacity gaps, identify solutions, monitor implementation, and document learning.
- Support funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee the phase-out of partnerships through jointly prepared exit-plans with the partner
- Promote, respond to, document and share partner feedback regarding their relationship with CBM and associated partnership requirements
Programme / Project management
- Identify project opportunities with partners under CBM’s Country Plan and in line with national development plans. Lead on the rapid development of emergency response projects with partners in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- Guide and coordinate joint project and/or multi-year planning processes with partners, CBM Initiatives/technical teams, ensuring the quality and sustainability of results in line with CBM and donor requirements.
- Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfillment of objectives and utilization of budgets
- Facilitate input from technical experts into project development and implementation.
- Jointly with partners, develop and monitor the implementation of exit strategies for projects/programmes.
Communication and resource mobilization
- Work with partners to gather and share quality and timely project information and content to support CBM’s internal and external communication to demonstrate impact in their donor communication.
Advocacy, technical advice, and representation
- Manage engagement with national alliances, partners, and in particular DPOs to define and support national advocacy priorities.
- Coordinate efforts to strengthen and support DPO organizations and movements.
- Coordinate DID technical advice in Disability Inclusive Development to government and other organizations, aligning with the Country Plan.
- Ensure effective vertical integration between community-level project work and national and global advocacy work.
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, international development or related field.
- Professional experience of 10 years in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at a senior level, with a track record in successfully designing and managing large-scale inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
- Experience in developing and managing large-scale institutionally funded projects, including consortium-led projects.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships, particularly with national/local governments.
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
- Experience in working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
- Experience in developing rights-based programmes and working with marginalized and excluded groups.
- Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, focusing on capacity development and performance management.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM code of conduct, CBM values and Safeguarding Policy.