Azania Bank Ltd is a Commercial Bank currently with two vacant positions that need to be filled in its Treasury and Capital Markets Directorate. For those who are willing to join well motivated work teams of Azania Bank family please apply as follows:-
Manager Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) 1 position -Head Office
Managing the Assets and Liabilities Unit whilst optimizing balance sheet efficiency and growth while properly managing bank’s liquidity and meeting profitability targets with strict adherence/compliance to the bank and regulatory limits and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- She/he is responsible for advising and optimizing an efficient Balance sheet Structure aiming to drive annual approved ALM revenue and overall bank profitability goals.
- Project review and develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly liquidity management plan so as to meet the bank’s operational efficiency while also apprising the management
- Build and manage the bank’s government securities investment portfolio in HTM and AFS buckets to meet regulatory compliance and generation of income.
- Forecasting and planning of both actual and contingent funding while also offering initiatives on alternative funding sources and structures through critical balance sheet analysis.
- Appropriately guide other stakeholders on liabilities growth while also provide competitive pricing within approved limits aiming to grow and retain the bank’s deposits.
- Management and protection of Net Interest Margin (NIM) while proposing interest rates to be used by the bank in interest sensitive assets & liabilities.
- Forecast and monitor interbank market liquidity trends and interest rate movement and analyze their implications to the bank.
- Ensure strict adherence to both internal and regulatory limits and that all trades are done within counterparty limits.
- Review and contribute to the enhancement of the bank’s various policies and procedures in line with changing business needs.
- Provide oversight of Risk and Compliance in both market and operational risks
- Preparation and circulation of regular reports relating to the ALM issues while also providing inputs for the ALCO pack.
- Establish, enhance and manage relationships with interbank counterparties both local and international including those with brokers and the Regulator.
- Coach/Mentor and develop junior staff aiming to strengthen the bank’s succession plan.
Qualification. Experience and Competences
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable Accounting/Economics/Business Administration or a related discipline
- Professional Membership with ACl/CPA/ACCA/CFA or a Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- More than 5 years’ banking experience
- More than 5 years’ experience in Financial market
- Thorough understanding of banking products and financial instruments.
- Experience in advanced analytics and Market risk measurement and reporting
- Knowledge and Skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Treasury products (MM. FX/Fixed Income/Derivatives & Commodities).
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and regulations for Money Market. Foreign Exchange Market/Fixed Income/derivative & commodities.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
- Selling and Negotiation skills
- Ability to present complex matters in an easily understood yet accurate way . Knowledge of strategic planning and risk management techniques.
- Time management
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, presentations and written)
- Should be able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Self-starter /Passionate / energetic
- Work well under pressure
- High level of Professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills .
- Commitment to excellence
- Carry out work in accordance with Azania Bank Limited policies and procedures.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank.
- Perform specific duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- Attractive remuneration packages await successful candidates to the above post as per Azania Bank Limited Salaries and Incentive Schemes as reviewed from time to time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet all costs associated with their attendance to the interviews. Please note also that successful candidates will be required to meet their relocation costs to Dar es Salaam.
Mode of Application
Azania Bank Limited is an equal Opportunity Employer. Applications ajira must be attached with detailed resume. Copies of relevant certificates, names and addresses of at least two referees. Please provide telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of referees.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply In confidence to:
AZANIA BANK LIMITED.
MAWASILIANO TOWERS. SAM NUJOMA ROAD
P. O. BOX 32089.
DAR ES SALAAM,
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 July 2021.
More Jobs From This Company