Position Title: TB/HIV Officer (1 position)
Reports to: Facility Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 70% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
Under the supervision of the Facility Coordinator, the TB/HIV Officer ensures the efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of TB/HIV services in all supported districts in the region. S/he will support R/CHMTs to translate, coordinate and supervise implementation of ICAP’s TB/HIV technical area, towards effective and sustainable implementation. S/he will provide regional level technical assistance, mentorship and supervision of ICAP-supported TB and TB collaborative activities, including designing and supporting implementation of innovative approaches to ensure high quality and integrated TB and TB/HIV activities across the supported councils and facilities. S/he will coordinate key program priorities including isoniazid prevention therapy (IPT), intensified TB case finding and multi-drug resistant TB diagnosis and management. S/he will ensure effective collaboration with facility coordinator, community coordinator and site support officers, while providing guidance and technical assistance to regional tuberculosis and leprosy coordinator (RTLCs) and districts tuberculosis and leprosy coordinator (DTLCs) in line with the national guidelines.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and coordinate TB and TB/HIV activities in the region, councils and all supported health facilities and community sites including planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting.
- Support implementation of intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs and IPT in line with national guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance on TB case finding including TB screening, linkage to diagnosis and treatment
- Provide technical assistance to the ajira DACC, DTLC and HFs and partners in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB/HIV services.
- Support councils to strengthen TB/HIV activities at council, health facility and community levels
- Work with R/CHMTs to ensure quality MDR-TB services including decentralization of MDR-TB services to lower level facilities
- Work with R/CHMTs to document and report all TB and TB/HIV indicators at regional, council and site level
- Support Facility Coordinator in assessing and implementing initiatives to address skill and resource needs for TB/HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with R/DTLC.
- Work closely with SI team to support timely collection and submission of TB/HIV data and strengthen related M&E systems
- Work closely with Facility Coordinator and central team in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
More Jobs From This Company
- Required Education: Medically trained personnel (nurse, clinical officer, MD, MBBS or equivalent) o Preferred: Additional Master’s degree or higher in the following fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related discipline.
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 3 years of proven experience in program management and implementation of TB and TB/HIV programs with donor funded organizations o Preferred: Familiarity with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
- Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional offices.
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel outside of duty station.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian context; fluency in Kiswahili required.
- Strong communication and project management skills as well as program implementation, data summary and presentation skills