Bulyahnulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Civil Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will effectively manage all the activities specified within the position profile on Bulyanhulu and Buzwagi Gold Mines: overall strategy, planning, execution and compliance to all relevant legislation as required of all Project related activities.
Reporting to: Capital Projects First Line Leader
- Ensuring all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with safety standard operating procedures and safe work instructions at all times
- Read and review project drawings and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Review technical documents to plan work.
- Coordinate with supervisors, engineers to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
- Coordinate with project team to resolve design or operational problems.
- Conduct materials test and analysis using tools and equipment and applying acceptable engineering knowledge.
- Work closely with projects team to develop, evaluate quality control plan for the projects works as per requirements.
- Carryout site quality assurance tests for all project works carried out and maintain the proper technical records.
- Maintain accurate records/paperwork.
- Co-ordinate day to day meetings with Construction supervisor & contractors.
- Full Technician Certificate/Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of construction project supervision experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the civil, building materials testing as well as reporting
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in Micro Soft Office
- Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “CIVIL TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 17th October 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our ajira Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company