- To process Financial Management information through the TM1 accurately and timely
- To ensure that the reporting requirements to the Group are complete, accurate and timely (Flash, Compass and LUM)
- Provide accurate and timely Management Financials
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Planning and Performance Management (50%)
- Receive and process TM1 extracts as at 10th, 20th, and end month.
- Provide Reconciliations SAP and TM1
- Carry out trend analysis to, measure the accuracy of the data
- Document all agreed adjustments.
- Ensure system backups are done
- Participate in departmental snap checks
- Provide accurate and timely MI on financial performance of the business as reported to BAC
- To report financial and other performance measures (metrics) to Absa Africa.
- To prepare and submit timely Eliminations and ARRTS updates for review.
- To provide accurate and timely FLASH numbers.
- Ensure intercompany eliminations are resolved within 24 hours
- To ensure timely reconciliations with agreed resolution dates on issues.
- To perform ad-hoc analysis as requested by senior management
- Assist in RAF and MTP planning including
- To perform quarterly industry analysis and share inputs to management and MBR
Decision support (40%)
- To report in detail income/cost trend analysis.
- To monitor reported actual income and costs against budgets (STP).
- To ensure system back-ups are done.
Team building and Support (10%)
- Take responsibility for personal performance development, training and career development plans and ensure they are relevant and progressed.
- Actively contribute to immediate team.
- Performing assigned snap checks allocated as per guidelines.
- Create and maintain a culture of empowerment and professionalism within the team. Initially none but great potential in the future.
Risk and Controls Objectives
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture:
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline All mandatory training completed to deadline
- Team player
- Analysis and judgement
- Information ajira gathering
- Business awareness
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Quality conscious
Technical skills / Competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- PC skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- Good knowledge of the bank’s products. Successful delivery of business and cultural change and delivery and embedding of associated benefits
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Basic university education, Minimum CPA (T)
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Product / Service knowledge
- Influencing and Negotiation Skills
Absa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Higher Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)