JOB TITLE: AVOCADO FARM MANAGER
REPORTING TO: SECRETARY-GENERAL
LOCATION: Mfriga village, Wanging’ombe District, Njombe Region
MAF seek to hire a Farm Manager who will be responsible for establishing, operating and managing the farming process from start to finish with the help of all relevant stakeholders. He/She will be responsible for all aspects related to overseeing day-to-day operations of the avocado farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day operations ajira of the farm such as nursery management, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, pest management and harvesting.
- Completion of farm expansion plan.
- Monitoring of existing orchards.
- Management and control of staffs
- Planning and implementation of a harvesting programs to maximize returns.
- Preparation of annual budgets in cooperation with an Accountant and monitoring of financial performance Ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements
- Tanzanian Citizen
- At least Diploma or its equivalent in any of the following fields: Horticulture, Agronomy or Agriculture.
- Minimum 3 years traceable farm Management/Agronomy Experience.
- Working experience in avocado production is an added advantage.
- Conversant with Good Agricultural Practices (Global GAP, Rainforest)
- Integrity and honesty are prerequisites
- Proven leadership and management experience in a company environment
- Excellent Computer application Skills.
- Highly motivated, self-driven with ability to drive initiative to achieve goals.
- Fully understand farming for export market.
- Experience in Avocado farming will be an extra advantage
- Willingness to live in rural areas
- Ready to comply to MAF policies and principles at all times.
Terms of employment
Two years contract renewable depending on impressive performance. Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 20th February, 2019
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii