DAI Global, LLC is implementing the Feed the Future Tanzania Land Tenure Assistance activity (LTA) funded by the USAID, based in Iringa. This four-year project will assist 41 villages in Iringa and Mbeya Districts to register land ownership by issuing CCROs, support village land use planning efforts and increase local understanding of land use and land rights.
To accomplish the project objectives, DAI Global, LLC Feed the Future Tanzania Land Tenure Assistance (LTA) seeks to recruit a committed and dedicated candidate to fill the position of IT Specialist based in Iringa.
The M&E Specialist will supervise and provide oversight for project M&E to ensure progress, challenges, and lessons learned are being properly monitored and captured in order to provide continuous programmatic feedback through timely analysis of field reports. He or she will work closely with and in support of senior program management to ensure that subproject portfolios accurately reflect the goals, objectives, and activities outlined in the LTA Project Work Plan and Performance Management Plan (PMP). He or she will work to assist with donor reporting and will provide support for the evaluation of program components and activities and analysis of project impact.
Objectives and Duties:
The M&E Specialist will perform the following functions, but not limited to:
- Review Field Assistants reports and follow-up on the results.
- Review weekly plans and make sure they are coordinated with program and project plans. Revise if necessary and coordinate monitoring coverage based on needs and priorities.
- Review narrative site visit and final reports, including sections on recommendations for the analysis and improvement of programmatic progress.
- Liaise with and work closely with senior technical staff to ensure that negative findings have been addressed or corrected.
- Travel to the field as necessary to oversee the work of the field teams.
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports for Senior Management; draft sections of the monthly and quarterly reports for USAID as requested by senior management.
- Work closely with senior management and implementing partners in the preparation and presentation of reports on the progress and impact of program activities and draft sections as requested.
- The M&E Specialist will support the field team in data management, quality control and analysis for the registration of 50,000+ parcels using spatial and textual data generated by the use of a mobile mapping and adjudication application.
- Together with the GIS Specialist, the M&E Specialist will assist with quality control and analysis.
PROGRESS AND PERFORMANCE TRACKING
- Lead the output monitoring process within LTA.
- Review data collection processes and refine the M&E system as needed.
- Ensure that appropriate data collection procedures and operational plans are implemented and followed for realistic, accurate tracking of performance indicators and milestones.
- Work closely with government counterparts where necessary in designing data collection tools as needed.
- Travel to the field as necessary for advanced qualitative data collection.
- Monitor project implementation to ensure LTA is responding to people’s needs and the ajira project is achieving the desired goals and objectives.
- Any other duties assigned by the COP.
- A bachelor’s degree in social science or other related fields.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience with the implementation of development projects, and at least three years working with M&E.
- Excellent oral and written English and Swahili.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Lotus Notes, SPSS and other statistical analysis and data management packages a plus. Extensive knowledge of Excel and Access a must.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The employment agreement will be entered into in Iringa which is the duty station for the project.
The M&E Specialist will report to the COP or his/her designee.
Submit your CV and cover letter only to: LTArecruitment@dai.com with the subject line "M&E Specialist"
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii