The incumbent will be responsible to provide technical assistance on initiatives related to supply chain for the ICAP FIKIA project in all supported regions (Mwanza, Kagera, Geita, Dar es Salaam, Pwani, Kigoma and Mara). S/he will work closely with the Technical Advisor for Community Base HIV Services to implement planning, coordination, and technical assistance on providing HIV prevention services and related activities among targeted populations including key and vulnerable populations (KVP).
- Serve as a technical resource for the project and stakeholders for implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches.
- Support the development of work plans, budgets and its implementation.
- Develop interventions/solutions for addressing Supply Chain bottlenecks such as using trends and peer-to-peer benchmarking to improve accountability.
- Support the development and execution of effective management of HIV/AIDS commodity changes and demand management strategies, procurement plans, storage, distribution, and monitoring of activities gearing to improving the availability of commodities.
- Provide technical expertise in weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual stock quantification exercises and ensure quantification as well performance reports are written timely.
- Update and monitor stock databases to ensure optimal supply of commodities.
- Monitor commodities shelf life, prepare and follow through with action plans to avoid expiry of products in storage ajira facilities.
- To provide the strong technical opinions on project performance and supply chain in project HIV prevention areas such as HIV self-test, HIV PrEP, Condoms distribution and like.
- Provide the capacity training to field teams to ensure all staffs possess knowledge and skills of the supply chain that commensurate their responsibility
- Strengthen communication and collaboration across vertical programs and supply chain stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
Kazi Nyingine Kutoka Kampuni hii
- Required: Degree or higher in public health, Laboratory, Pharmacist, Supply Chain Management, Public Health, or related degree field from a recognized academic institution.
- Required: Minimum 2 years working experience in Development Field
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentation skills. Fluent in both Kiswahili and English
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and Power point at minimum)
- Demonstrated knowledge on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, and adherence and psychosocial support programs
- Strong ability to liaise with external stakeholders and government officials
- Experience in developing and executing work plans and reports
- Flexible to work after normal working hours and weekends at various community locations
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer volunteers by facilitating a nonjudgmental, nondiscriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all beneficiaries regardless of their background