Job Title: Adherence, Psychosocial Support and Retention Field Officer (APSR FO) (3 positions)
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Location: Shinyanga, with extensive tavel of up to 80%
S/He will be a lead of all activities related to adherence and retention of PLHIV to ART and psychosocial support, including establishment/strengthen facility-community partnership/linkage mechanism in the assigned districts/cluster. S/he will receive technical assistance and guidance from the APSR Technical Advisor (APSR TA) and will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to Health Care Providers (HCPs), clinical trackers, Peer Educators (PEs) and other community volunteers in enhancing adherence and treatment continuity of PLHIV on treatment. Establish/strengthen internal referral system between various service units within the Health Facilities (HFs) and conduct supportive supervision and mentorship on APSR services in Shinyanga Region. The job entails extensive travel up to 80% within all districts of Shinyanga Region. The incumbent will be a member of the Adult and Paediatric care and treatment, team and will provide day to day oversight of the following areas:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Peer Education in HIV Care and Treatment Clinics (CTC) settings
- Facilitate selection of PEs and APSR trainings for TOTs, HCW and PEs in Shinyanga region.
- Establish/strengthen facility-community partnership/linkage in Shinyanga region.
- Conduct supportive supervision (SS), mentorship, CMEs and OJT on APSR services.
- Support the implementation of peer education program in Care and Treatment settings by ensuring PE’s trace defaulters; provide testimonials, link positive clients into care and treatment services and all other PE responsibilities.
- Work with both DACC and CHAC to develop inventory for community-based support services (CBHS) within Shinyanga Region and strengthen community mobilization activities and linkages with community-based organizations
- Work with CHAC to establish, register and support PLHIV support groups in Shinyanga region.
- Work closely with the CHMT and HMTs to design and establish site specific psychosocial activities to improve retention (continuity of treatment) to adolescent and young adults,
Clinical adherence support
- Provide technical assistance to HCWs on care and treatment sites to implement protocols on adherence support for clients on antiretroviral care and treatment.
- Assist in the assessment of APSR specific standards of care (SOC) in assigned districts.
- Conduct SS and CMEs on clinical adherence support to HCPs as per guidelines.
- Maintain the relationship with RHMT and CHMT, CSO and Faith based organizations responsible for APSR services in Shinyanga region.
- Take part in the integration of other programs (Pediatric, PHDR TB/HIV units within APSR) in the region through training and implementation.
- Provide technical support to HCPs, PEs, clinical trackers and other relevant actors in assigned districts to implement facility-based HIV initiatives for PLHIV on treatment.
- Develop and facilitate innovative strategies to reduce treatment interruptions.
- Design retention interventions targeting different sub populations on treatment continuity.
- Take leadership in design, training and distribution of relevant job aides and materials related to adherence counselling and treatment continuity in assigned districts.
- Collaborate with Community IR HCPs, PEs, LCs and sub granted NGOs to conduct SS and mentorship in order to improve quality of services.
- Ensure formation of active Adolescent and youth groups/clubs and other initiatives to improve adolescents’ adherence, retention and viral suppression across facilities and promote HIV knowledge and psychosocial support to this age group.
- Strengthen multi-sectorial collaboration with CHACs and other partners including linkages with community-based organizations.
- Provide technical support and best approaches on how to improve reminders, referrals and follow-up of clients in the facility to prevent clients missing appointments and tracing clients ajira with treatment interruptions.
- To prepare daily, weekly, and monthly summary report and provide periodic progress reports and provide input for the preparation of the quarterly reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Degree in BA sociology or nursing or related discipline with extensive field experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in HIV field with a donor-funded organization, including demonstrated experience and knowledge working with facility-based HIV prevention programs. Must have experience with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs, preferably with CDC.
- Familiarity with district-level health care systems in Tanzania is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum;
- Ability to provide high quality technical support to HCPs, clinical trackers and volunteers
- Ability to lead and work with diverse teams.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
How to apply;
Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by November 28th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example:”Adherence, Psychosocial Support and Retention Field Officer (APSR FO)”.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From This Company