CMS (Tanzania) Limited is a highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations in Tanzania. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for a dedicated and professional HSE Officer who would like to join our dynamic team. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
HSE OFFICER-1 Position
Location: North Mara Gold Mine
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager to enforce the company’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policies.
- Assist in the implementation of the HSEQ management plans, HSEQpolicies, and compliance with applicable Tanzanian legislation and System Requirements.
- Provide timely advise to the Project Manager and Project Supervisors on effective implementation of the HSEQ Management Plans.
- Assist to develop, implement, and monitor emergency response and management plans.
- Advice procurement on the purchase of HSEQ related items.
- Participate in project internal and external system audits and inspections (IS045001, ISO14001 and ISO9001).
- Keep and maintain OHSE records in accordance with Tanzania regulations, Company and HSEQ system requirements.
- Conduct training HSEQ related training.
- Ensure the proper use of HSEQ forms (i.e. toolbox meeting, Take-5, Hazard IDs, JSEAs, Pre-Start Inspections, Planned Task Observations, etc.) and provide training and coaching when deficiencies are noted.
- Investigate complaints by any employee ajira relating to the employee’s health or safety at work.
- Coordinate health and safety committee meetings and Weekly HSEQ Meetings.
- Discuss safety and health as a value at all meetings.
- Set a personal example on all matters of health, safety, and environment. Live and visibly demonstrate CMS values.
Knoweldege and Skills Requirements
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH, BSC, SAMTRAC)
- Relevant experience with Management System Internal Audit Training (IS045001 and ISO14001)
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar role in Mining Environment
- Strong communication, Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Skill in performing on-site HSEQ inspections
- Good computer skills and related applications (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to develop and implement safe work procedures and conducting accident investigations
- Knowledge and understanding of local, safety, environmental, and health regulations and procedures
- Valid Tanzanian or International Driver’s License
Like to know more? Check out www.capdrill.com
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CMS(Tanzania) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 May 2022.
More Jobs From This Company