GEOLOGIST ( 2 POSITIONS)
INDUSTRY: ajira MINING
LOCATION: KAROGORO, BUKOBA
HR WORLD on behalf of our reputable client in Mining we're looking for a Geologist who will be responsible for assessing and analyzing geological data in order to advise on short-term and long-term mine production.
- Work with the Mine Manager on new work approaches, methods and policies to optimize performance and ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards.
- Handling, collection, and processing of all geologic samples. Geologic mapping. Petrography analysis.
- Implements processes, policies, systems, and practices within geology that contribute to effective geology operations.
- Keeps on top of trends related to geology and incorporates this information into work assignments and approaches.
- Monitors costs related to geology and implements approved recommendations for maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Actively seeks mentorship and learning to improve the product or technical knowledge and skill set.
- Identifies key performance measures for the team; monitors and reports on the achievement of targets and revises strategies as needed.
- Assist our mine surveyor as needed and stand in as his substitute when quick surveying tasks are required on the surveyor’s off days.
- Carrying out field sampling and analyzing sample data for geological settings.
- A degree in geology or a related field preferred
- 3-4+ years’ experience
- Experience in conducting environmental assessments.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in statistics
Interested candidates may send their CV to email@example.com before 30th June 2022