Position Summary Overall additional storekeeping activities will encompass administration of the operations of a store. The Storekeeper will support shipping and receiving, deliveries, coordinating and maintaining stock or inventory, documenting stores transactions, maintaining and keeping records and writing stores weekly reports, attending various meetings with nutritional department, pharmacy, social department as well as with clinical directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseer and administer the operations of a store.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders, processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders, reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Makes intra and inter deliveries of requested medical supplies, nutritional supplies, groceries and kitchen corridor supplies and merchandise, maintain records of all deliveries
- Fills supply requisitions assists procurement officer to order adequate merchandise and supplies, and delivers stores documents to required departments
- Receives and stores documents and confidential files, maintain records of approved documents and approved confidential files destruction
- Ships canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate
- Delivers and sets up supplies requirement by different departments as requested
- Handles and documents storage and transportation of hazardous materials or special products that require some knowledge of spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, etc.
- Maintains the store's area and records area in a neat and orderly manner
- Answer questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property
- Trains and directs the work of student assistants
- According to requirements and established procedures, arrange stock. In case of emergency or in order to replace outdated material, suggest substitutes available in the store.
- According to requirements and established procedures, arrange stock. In case of emergency or in order to replace outdated material, suggest substitutes ajira available in the store.
- Conducting quarterly stock-taking activities and producing reports concerning the status of inventory like the balance of stock in hand, expiry alert or update of all inventories in store
- Advising management on all issues concerning stores, proper management and smooth running as well as maintenance and storage of all medical supplies, stationery, nutritional supplies, kitchen corridor supplies as well as groceries. Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- At least two years of specialized training and/or experience in Store Keeping
- Familiar with healthcare centers setting and commitment to serving patients.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and Swahili.
- Familiar with medical terminology and able to understand it.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Well organized self-starter.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with computers is essential
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
Addressed to: Senior Administrator, Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania P.O. Box 2663 Mbeya, Tanzania (FOR MBEYA POSITIONS) P.O BOX 5208 Mwanza, Tanzania (FOR MWANZA POSITIONS) Or email@example.com Deadline for application is 9th May 2018
More Jobs From This Company