The position is based in Dar es Salaam and reports to the M& E Advisor. The period for the position will be six months.
The Monitoring and evaluation intern will assist theÂ Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Program Quality ManagerÂ in ensuring effective functioning of the health information management system at all levels of the project. S/he will implement various data quality assurance measures to promote data demand and use. S/he will provide support on data collection, data entry, cleaning and analysis to ajira measure the programâ€™s key performance indicators and improvements in service delivery. S/he will be responsible for ensuring collection and reporting of high-quality data for accountability and program monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all data sources are well updated, validated and checked for consistencies in compliance with project M&E SOPs
- Review, analyze, and validate program data to ensure and maintain consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project specific needs and standard operating procedures
- Ensure Project database is functional and regularly updated as perÂ standard operating procedures
- Conduct routine data quality assessments and improve the data management system for selected regional offices/health facilities
- Analyze program routine data to monitor project performance against benchmarks
- Build the capacity of health care providers in data collection, management,Â reporting and use at site level through training and on-site technical assistance visits
- Establish performance trends and provide timely feedback to the technical team to support data-driven decision making;
- Develop data collection tools and enforce proper data collection procedures;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual performance reports.
- Clear data backlog, promote data demand and use and respond to internal data requests
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals who possess the following minimum qualifications:
More Jobs From This Company
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in computer science, information technology, demography, public health, monitoring and evaluation or related field;
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in data management, monitoring and evaluation of facility-based programs
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word) and DHIS2 system
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing multiple activities in a time-sensitive environment;
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills, sound judgement and attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines;
- Good interpersonal and listening skills;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- AÂ stipend will be provided to the successful candidate.Â