SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the USAID/Tanzania Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity. The purpose of the Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation activity is to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
To support the associated MEL services on this activity, SoCha seeks a full-time, qualified Performance Monitoring Advisor.
**Suitably skilled Tanzanian citizens and residents are encouraged to apply.**Scope of Work: Illustrative Functions of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the Performance Monitoring Advisor will:
- Be responsible for leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring, analysis, and capacity building under this contract.
- Lead/oversee the engagement of implementing partners and the support to them in data analysis and presentation of the data and findings to USAID.
- Strengthen capacity of USAID/Tanzania staff to conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQA), in line with ADS 201.
- Lead coordination efforts amongst USAID and IP staff to undertake up to 40 ajira indicator DQAs a year.
- Lead/oversee support of the development of Activity-level MEL Plans (particularly by new and/or local IPs), and associated Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS).
- Organize and supervise the day-to-day programmatic activities, including the Third Party Monitoring, Evaluations and Assessments, Data Quality Assessments, and other activities as requested by USAID, such as IP meetings.