“Sometimes in life, there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families
Job Title: Informatics Officer (3 posts)
Location: Tabora, Dodoma & Arusha
Reports to: Informatics Manager
Job Grade: 5
Informatics Officers will have in-depth knowledge and skills in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Applications development, including customization of existing open platforms available
- Working knowledge of Programming languages for data capture, query, validation, visualization and storage systems (e.g. SQL server, DAX, PHP, Java, etc.)
- Relational database design, data transfer, application interoperability
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software support for infrastructure service delivery to supported sites.
In addition, the Informatics Officer will be responsible for training and support on electronic tools and systems, developing user capacity in data capture and data use applications. He/she will develop a clear understanding of EGPAF program data needs (indicators, targets, aggregated and patient-level data points, program management systems), and should be capable of following ajira data processing workflows and designing data management tools. He/she must respect deadlines and data security/privacy, and should have a passion for continual self-learning and working within multi-disciplinary teams for public health/social welfare goals.
Essential Duties And Key Responsibilities
- Contributes to the internal and outsourced design and development of health informatics related projects.
- Works to maintain and improve upon a robust Knowledge Management System (KMS) including database development, data management, data validation, data access (export), data security, and descriptive analyses/visualization.
- Support in entry/import/export of data in/from, PEPFAR database (DATIM), organizational data warehouse, and DHIS2.
- Support infrastructure stability for service delivery at sites level
- Support EMR (CTC2) use in EGPAF-supported facilities, and develop and implement a quality assurance strategy to improve EMR data completeness and accuracy in all supported sites.
- Support expansion and maintenance of updated online project performance dashboards in KMS, facilitating data use (export functions, analytical queries, visualization, etc.).
- Conducts routine audits on health informatics systems.
- Design, implement and maintain mHealth solutions to facilitate real-time data transmission and report sharing.
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management, access, use, and delivery.
- Assist in the support, optimization, and interoperability of healthcare-related software applications and systems in use nationally — such as the DHIS-2 and the CTC2 systems – with EGPAF’s KMS.
- Capacitate EGPAF staff to adhere to standard operating procedures for data handling and documentation.
- Contribute to data quality through routine data validation exercises in the field at aggregate levels.
- Support the compilation and cleaning/verification of data for routine program reporting, and ensure transmission and secure storage of final datasets and reports to the KMS.
- Support data collection activities during the quarterly report collection period and through the preparation of data for Data Analysis Week.
- Support the development of informatics solutions required for evaluation (e.g. data entry and management systems).
- Contribute to capacity building sessions with EGPAF staff, MoH and other stakeholders (as required) on health informatics related activities including EMR and use of m-health solutions.
- Contribute to EGPAF technical team member capacity in using data to describe program inputs, outputs, and outcomes.
- Proactively seeks new knowledge and skills for personal growth and the benefit of EGPAF (i.e. key business and program practices, health informatics best practices, data and health information regulatory standards, etc.).
- Participate actively in the EGPAF Technical Team meetings, and represent EGPAF at relevant external technical meetings with stakeholders or Government when needed.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
Education And Experience
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree in computer science or computer engineering or other fields with experience proving equivalent or higher skills in computer programming is developed.
- Three years of experience in data information systems, programming applications, database development, and management, etc.
- Demonstrated professional technical experience in one or more of the following:
- A programmer of informatics applications that were successfully adopted. Preferably applications involving data at person level such as electronic medical record databases.
- Developing data entry, query, analytics or visualization functions using at least two of the following: MS-access, Power BI (DAX), Excel, Epi-Info, Open Data Kit, CS Pro, etc.
- Integrating different data sources from/to different databases (DHIS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle Open MRS framework) while addressing issues of data quality; database performance, optimization, data aggregation using PostgreSQL/SQL query scripts
- Experience with geographic information systems and development of geospatial analyses using at least one of the following: ArcGIS, QGIS, GRASS GIS, etc.
- Experience with mobile phone (android) applications.
- Strong critical thinking, logical problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 70% to the supported districts and health facilities
HOW TO APPLY;
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions To Be Sent To
More Jobs From This Company
The Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai kibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 22 nd June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.