Water Mission Tanzania, an affiliate of water Mission International, is a Christian nonprofit engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements water Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and a disaster area. Established in Tanzania in 2013, Water Mission Tanzania is growing and now numbers about 35 staff with offices in two locations, the main office in Dar es Salaam and a regional office in Kasulu, Kigoma Region. Our mission is to provide sustainable access to safe water.
Water Mission Tanzania is seeking a suitable candidate to fill in the position of a Lead Engineer to be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travels to the field. The person in this position must possess a heartfelt passion for our mission.
1. Conduct engineering field work, and design according to established engineering principles and standards to a high degree of excellence and dependable accuracy
2. Led the technical department, oversight, review, and assistance for technicians, volunteers, and other engineers to ensure quality of output and adherence to established standards
3. Perform Engineering tasks including water hydraulic design calculations, and development of plans, specifications, and structural drawings
4. Provide onsite project management I support of approved projects.
5. Conduct field inspections and site assessments as needed to ensure that construction is in accordance with design and expectations.
6. Champion and ensure that Water Mission Tanzania QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards and procedures) is upheld by the technical team
7. Layout and design of water systems including source, pumping, treatment, storage, and distribution
8. Ensure that your work is reviewed by another engineer as designated by the country Director.
9. Perform assessments in communities, including water quality and quantity testing, survey measurements and other aspects as may be required.
10. Timely Project reporting, including the monthly report, Assessment report, follow-up report with accompanying photographs as per specific assignment guideline.
11. Provide disaster response support and work in other countries as needed.
12. Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualification & Skills:
1. Bachelors degree in Engineering – Civil, Chemical or mechanical is preferred (Masters degree desirable, but can be offset with quality experience)
2. Experience of at least 5 to 10 years
3. Registration as a professional engineer in Tanzania
4. Driver’s license
5. Advanced skills with office computer(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and drafting programs (AutoCAD/PowrCADD, SolidWorks/ProE)
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills(English)
7. Excellent analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills.
8. A Christian with thorough understanding of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission
9. Consistent lifestyle and behavior that bears a good witness to the Christian faith
10. A level of impeccable integrity and stewardship that demonstrates to those who invest in Water Mission Tanzania a sense of security and trust that their gifts are well used and invested.
11. Must be standards and detail – oriented with the ability to plan ahead.
12. Should be willing to travel to remote places including occasional trips abroadMore Jobs From This Company