Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now. Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Regional Clinical Advisor and Program Officer.
Regional Clinical Advisor [One position based in Kagera]
The Regional Clinical Advisor will support the Regional Program Manager to provide technical and program leadership in the areas of Reproductive maternal, newborn and child health (RMNH) including family planning (FP), emergency obstetric and newborn care (both basic and comprehensive); malaria; antenatal and postnatal care; essential newborn care; and health systems strengthening and quality improvement. The role will be coordinating with Regional and District Health Management teams, providing leadership and technical guidance to the regional project team in the development and implementation of integrated RM2NCH activities. Will also utilize crosscutting approaches such as performance and quality improvement and in-service training, ensuring technical and methodological soundness of RM2NCH activities, in collaboration with the technical team and other partners, supporting the design of clinical service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence. The Regional Clinical Advisor will also be responsible for ensuring that activities are on schedule and are being properly documented. S/he will also be responsible for gathering the relevant program data and drafting quarterly progress reports for related technical areas.
- Ensure technical excellence related to the training and quality assurance across clinical interventions and service delivery at regional program technical areas.
- Provide technical leadership, support, and supervision to RM2NCH activities
- Coordinate all activities closely with quality and clinical technical team
- Provide technical support towards strengthening facilities for providing the minimum package of RM2NCH services
- Assist in the assessment of clinical training needs and in the design and implementation of appropriate measures to address those needs
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development for R/CHMTs, local government and NGO staff to gain knowledge and skills to manage RM2NCH services
- Provide technical guidance in the implementation of integrated RM2NCH
- Develop and facilitate implementation of a quality Improvement model in all levels of service facilities
- Conduct regular mentoring and on the job training to equip health care providers with MNCH skills, including in Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care.
- Train personnel in supportive supervision to ensure quality services delivered to clients.
- Ensure performance and quality improvement approaches in clinical sites as approved by Jhpiego and/or the MOHCDGEC
- Assist in transitioning and institutionalizing quality assurance activities in the health system
- Provide leadership in building local capacity through mentoring of counterparts at the MOHCDGEC/PORALG, in RMNCH clinical areas including EmONC, PNC, FP, etc
- Participate in the project’s internal meetings and share challenges and lessons learned in implementing activities in areas of technical expertise
- Identify and disseminate best practices and new technical strategies and approaches in areas of expertise
- Ensure implementation of evidence-based clinical training materials and standards, supervisory systems and other approaches
- Provide technical input during the development of work plans and/or long-term strategies
- Provide technical oversight and ensure appropriate support and preparation for training activities
- Supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts in concert with program goals
- Provide technical Support to program staff to create linkage of Community Health Workers (CHW) and health facility staff in the program areas and create sustainable mechanisms
- Coordinate with key stakeholders at the regional level, including other USG-funded activities to facilitate implementation of quality RMNH activities at scale
- Approve timesheets, managing annual reviews, approving annual leave and other JEMS related supervisory activities
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor
- Advanced degree in clinical medicine
- Five or more years of work experience in Reproductive and MNH. Experience working in EmONC (Both Basic and Comprehensive) is a plus.
- Be an excellent classroom and clinical trainer with at least two years’ experience in clinical training
- Experience working in the private sector/NGOs
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing capacity-building programs for improving service delivery
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in service delivery programs and technical staff in the areas of maternal, newborn and child health, and performance and quality improvement
- Experience managing quality assurance
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self -management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications, and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail, i.e. Application for Regional Clinical Advisor. All applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter, and your salary history.
The application should be addressed to:
Send the application through email at: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first ajira appearance of this advert deadline will be 30/03/2019.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you wil get an official cal from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong-doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs From This Company