Position: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Assist Financial Controller to develop financial analysis reports, ensure accurate financial recording and compliance
with established financial standards including policies and procedures.
- Organize the work of the financial accounting and accounts payable section to process all transactions of the
- Capture statutory accounts – Prepare annual financial statements in compliance with IFRS, ensure that all audit
issues are cleared, compare actual figures against budget and analyze all variances and report to management
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transport and freight accounts
- Facilitate accurate and timely processing of supplier payment
- Ensure that all payments are processed based on the proper supporting documents as per payment procedure
- Ensure that tax policies which suit current needs are in place
- Liaise with the Financial Controller & CFO on tax issues
- Ensure that all taxes are paid on or before their due dates, supported by accurate returns as required by the
- Prepare and support both the internal and external audit processes
- Resolve/implement/correct audit recommendations timely
- Ultimately responsible for safe working practices especially in areas of responsibility.
- Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify and manage the environmental
aspects and impacts in his/her area and instill environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by line management
- Degree in Commerce (Accounting &/Finance) or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Holder )
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Financial Accounting capacity, preferably in a multinational manufacturing
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of working on IFRS standards
- Excellent knowledge of local and international accounting practices
- Appropriate knowledge and experience of Tanzanian tax laws and practices
- Reasonably independent and able ajira to resolve work queries
- Excellent knowledge of Group and local reporting requirements and accounting practices
- Excellent knowledge of internal control requirements
- Good knowledge of computer-based financial accounting systems especially Tally and SAP
- Working knowledge of Cost and Management Accounting principles
- Totally honest and trustworthy
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Take responsibility for adherence to company procedures
- Must enjoy routine high-pressure workload and take pride in producing accurate reports to meet deadlines
- Positive and enthusiastic to improve financial accounting performance
Salary and Benefits
The Company offers an attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company