As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of Advisor – Health Governance in the Tanzanian-German Programme to support Health, TGPSH.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Fixed Term Contract
The Advisor Health Governance is responsible for
· Supporting daily management of the thematic area health governance
· Providing technical advice to partners such as Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elders and Children, ajira President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government(PORALG), Regional Health Management Teams
· Supporting capacity building of partners in health governance with a specific focus on efficient and effective public health administration, citizen’s participation in health planning and monitoring and engagement with the private sector
· Monitoring and evaluation of the progress of component activities and using the information/data to input into various programme reports including, quarterly reviews, annual reports, and contributes to the other reports and publications required by the programme manager
The Advisor performs the following tasks
· Assist preparations and implementation of activities of the health governance component and carries out other activities required for managing the components
· Monitoring of progress in the field of health governance in close consultation with the team leader, counterparts, reviews reports and documents on the progress of joint TGPSH activities,
· Is jointly responsible with partner institution or preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other component activities
· Assists national and international advisers in carrying out their work in health governance
· Ensures full compliance with all activities with partner’s as well as GIZ’s rules and regulations and codes of conduct
· Oversees the area of Private Sector Engagement with specific focus on supporting regions and districts in setting up functional public-private health fora
· Builds capacity of regional and district health governance teams in local health governace including the involvement of citizens(male and females) in the local health processes
· Identifies needs for support and capacity develompet in consultation with partners, develops conceps and strategies, and provides technical input on how to address identified nees
· Supports implenetation of the programme activities in the regions according tot he TGPSH governing structure
· Identifies relevant stakeholders/partners including local communiteis, government instrituions, non-governemental agencies and prjects, initiates and maintains good contact and conducive environment for cooperation with them.
· Supports knowledgemanagment: collects, processes and distributes relevant information within TGPSH and beyond
· Provides appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports and pblication required by the programme manager and GIZ head office
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
· Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Public health or other related social science degrees
· Work experience with Regional Administration and Local Government Authorities, and working with communities at local levels.
· 3-5 years professional experience, with at least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position
· Good communication skills
· Proactive, good networker and facilitator
· Very good knowledge of English
· Excellent in software skill(MS Office Application)
Interested candidates should include cover letter in their application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eleigible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group