TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar-producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Mosh Municipality. Applications are invited from energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill the vacant position in the Garage & Transport Department.
POST: Trailers and Wagons Head of Section
Reports to: Operations Workshop Manager
Core Job Description:
Supervise the Wagons, Trailers and Tyre Workshop Section.
Ensuring the equipment are properly maintained and repaired in a view to reduce the equipment downtime to a minimum and always ensuring technician productivity and efficiency. .
- Daily supervision & control of the work force, ensuring efficiency of repairs and productivity
- Daily control of jobs Cost and account code (Purchases, issues, labour and any other Expenses)
- Daily reporting of work progress, technical issues or any other problem in the section to the Workshop Operations Manager.
- Ensuring that all items such as: technical and machine information, hours spent on repairs and maintenance are properly recorded and filed.
- Ensuring all equipment are thoroughly inspected before and after the off crop.
- Ensuring that the off crop repairs are properly planned, parts ordered timely and repairs are performed professionally and efficiently.
- Ensures the fleet under the Head of Section Responsibility is well maintained and in good working Condition.
- Reports any misuse or improper operations or any abuse on equipment to the Workshop Operations Manager.
- Ensures the Spare items which are issued or delivered are immediately fitted on the equipment's.
- Comment on Monthly Budget to actual variances.
- Prepare estimate, revised ajira and annual original Budget.
- Enforcing, implementing OSHA Regulations at work.
- Any other related job as assigned,
- Should demonstrate the ability to work on odd hours.
- Strong leadership and Communication Skills.
Qualifications & experience
- Holder of Diploma in Metal Fabrication or welding.
- Certificate in supervisory skills and 5 years of experience as Supervisor in this field (Trailers, Wagons and Agriculture implements will be an added Advantage).
- Computer literate, especially on Excel, Word and Fleet Management, will also be an added advantage
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing deadline for all applications is 14 days after the advert.
More Jobs From This Company
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline of this Job: 04th August 2019
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P.O.Box 93, Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
Tel: +255272754389, FAX: +255272754391