TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry’ of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000, and suitably is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the roads network maintenance and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – MARA is looking for suitable qualified Tanzania candidates for 7posts available on renewable contract terms at Sirari and Rubana Weighbridge Stations in Mara Region, Regional Manager TANROADS – Mara invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE CASHIER (1 POST).
Key qualification for the Weighbridge Cashier:
- Holder of ordinary’ Secondary Education/Advance Secondary’ Education and ATEC, NABE Stage El or equivalent.
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications).
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages.
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen.
- Not above 35 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Weighbridge Cashier.
The holder of this post who reports to Shift Incharge will be responsible for
- Record properly all required weighbridge accounting information.
- Ensure that all necessary accounting forms at the weighbridge station are properly filled and kept.
- Provide reports on axle loading accounting procedures which may be required.
- Take care of weighbridge accountable documents
- Cooperate with the relevant parties involved in the axle control operations.
- Implement directives relating to axle load control from the high authority and station supervisor.
- To receive money and issue receipts to defaulters.
- Ensure that all receipts are timely recorded and banked.
- Maintain accurate records of receipts received/issued
- Arranges the prompt of utility and other invoices related to the day to day running of the office.
- Maintain defaulters register
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his/her superior or by Head of Accountant and Administration/Regional Manager.
- Reporting all matters to the shift Incharge/Axle Load control supervisor.
According to TANROADS Salary Scale: TRS 3.1
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable n. contacts; postal address/postcode, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate;
- Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his/her application letter through his respective employers; HI. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Deadline for application is Monday 2 September. 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for the interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
Signed application letters should be addressed to:
More Jobs From This Company
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 81,
Tell +255 28 2623003, +255 28 2623001
Fax: +255 28 2623039