Position Title: Human Resources Manager (HRM)
Managers Position: Country Director
Direct Reporting Positions: None
Position Location: Shinyanga, Tanzania (with regular travel to the project areas)
Lifewater is a Christian water development organization dedicated to effectively serving vulnerable children and families by partnering with underserved communities to overcome water poverty. Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve the least and last as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. Lifewater serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
You are responsible for the recruitment, retention, and development of Lifewater International staff in Tanzania . You ensure that processes, procedures, and systems are in place to support the administrative activities of HR, while also working alongside Country Leadership in the development of their staff through professional development plans and activities. You identify gaps in our HR capacity through regular site visits and proactively address them.
Lifewater International in Tanzania is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Manager in Shinyanga, Tanzania. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for supporting and advising the country programs on the various HR processes, procedures and systems.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate HR quality assurance and reporting, ensuring the Lifewater International standards are in place and implemented across the Country.
- Ensure HR policy and procedures are in place and implemented by the Program Offices. This will include periodic visits to the program locations.
- Address and implement leadership development and performance management initiatives with the aim of building a high performance culture.
- Assist the Country Director in the recruitment of new/replacement staff.
- Ensure the right systems and processes are in place for recruitment, orientation and induction, compensation and benefit management, performance management and staff development.
- Liaison with the Chief of Staff (at HQ) to provide up-to-date information on staff status.
- Ensure that Lifewater remain in compliance with all local and national labor laws.
- Respond to administration related queries on insurance enrolment for employees.
- Ensure successful completion of HR payroll information with all documentation submitted accurately and in line with payroll deadlines on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that pension and provident deductions are deposited monthly to relevant government ajira revenue offices and individual staff accounts, respectively
- Ensure adherence to existing benefits and allowances rates set by LI.
- Support Country offices with national salary structure and benefits package reviews, based on the standard framework.
- Ensure the establishment of a complete data base system across the country offices using to effectively manage the staffing updates to be used by the Program and Country Offices for all occasions and especially for emergency scenarios.
- Organize and maintain individual staff files as per the labor law
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a Human Resources and Administration position 3 of which should be in an INGO setting.
- Demonstrable skills in the development of Human Resources and Administration. procedures and systems preferably in the context of an international NGO.
- Solid foundation knowledge and experience of all aspects of HR/Admin in an NGO/INGO setting.
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to speak and write in national and regional languages.
- Be a team player who is able to serve staff of all levels and positions.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote program locations.
More Jobs From This Company
- Must be able to support Lifewater’s mission, vision, and core values; able to cope with cross-cultural and denominational diversities.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting.
- Well organized and efficient in time management whenever there is task pressure.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relations at all levels both within and outside the team.
- Punctual, honest, dependable, servant leader, trustworthy, encourager, peacekeeper, multi-tasker, and self-starter.
- Zero tolerance of corruption (all forms of interest conflicts, bribes, fraud, all kinds of corruptions, etc. are not acceptable).