VAS Technical Supervisor
- Provide L1 & L2 level maintenance support for all VAS network elements.
- Implement project related activities within the VAS setup
- Implement rollout change requirements including but not limited to Shortcode changes, USSD service codes, SMS routing requests and other service requests on the VAS platforms
- To deliver new services and improve on existing services
- Provide clear communication through presentations or other informal sessions to business stakeholders on issues related to the VAS setup
- Engage vendors and other departments in resolution of issues
- Participate in knowledge transfer sessions to other VAS team members
- Monitor the performance of VAS system vendors during 3rd level issue escalation and provide necessary feedback to management regarding performance and propose ideas for improvement of standards
- Provide input and ideas into the assessment of technical feasibility of new products or service propositions from the Business Unit
- Timely incident handling and coordinate with system vendors for prompt resolution Perform regular monitoring of VAS systems to ensure alarms are attended to or escalated and resolved timeously.
- Ensure accurate planning and adherence to project schedules, manage internal and external teams and communicate status to all stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership and/or business expertise to subordinates and peers on technical complexities of assigned ajira projects Participates in the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance to VAS platforms.
- Perform periodical trend analysis and produce reports related to network faults with suggestions to help improve VAS platforms.Perform testing, debugging, troubleshooting and deployment of applications/services to ensure their quality.
- Review and update training manuals for new or modified equipment, operating systems and software.
- University degree in telecommunications or computer science5+ years’ technical experience in Telecom industry
- Able to extract implementation requirements and details from a high level request description
- Able to do follow up and communicate feedback effectively
- Experience with working with trouble ticketing systems
- Presentation & Communication skills
- Knowledge sharing Unix/Linux/Solaris system administration skills Shell and DB SQL scripting Databases : MySQL, Oracle and MSSQL
- Good knowledge in GSM, SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, TCP/IP, Diameter, SMPP, Web service Ability to work independently, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Ability to work under stress, and with tight timelines
- Creative, flexible, able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Knowledge in Oracle Database and IP transmission Experience in handling 3G support projects Proven VAS experience in VAS platforms
- Excellent in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated stable proven Planning skills.
- Independent and with good work attitude with high level of integrity
This Position Is Open To People
More Jobs From This Company