The Wildlife Conservation Society of Tanzania (WCST) is a non-governmental, non-profit making and a membership-based organization registered in Tanzania. WCST is one of the oldest local NGO established in 1987 with an overarching goal of conserving Tanzania's flora, fauna, and the environment. Since 18/07/2019, the Society is registered under the terms and conditions of NGOs Act, 2002. The Society works closely with the government of the United Republic of Tanzania, public and private institutions, other NGOs, general public and other stakeholders including local and international development partners to realize her objectives.
WCST envisions that the variety of life forms (biodiversity) continues to be valued and conserved as an integral part of our natural heritage for the generations to come. Its mission is to conserve Tanzania's wildlife and its environment for the benefit of mankind.
The Society is seeking to recruit dynamic, committed, well-organized, hard-working, qualified, and experienced individuals to fill the volunteer position below:
Position: Administrative Secretary
Administrative Secretary will report to Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Society and his/her will generally ensure that administrative operations of the Society run smoothly. .
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure that each document received is properly processed, filed and retrieved when requested.
- To perform secretarial services, typing, and photocopying, editing or formatting documents in an organized fashion. To coordinate and organizing appointments, and perform other office duties in the WCST’s office as will ajira be directed by your supervisor.
- To undertake receptionist duties for guests of the Society and any other activities which might be required to assist in the smooth running of the WCST’s Office.
- To screen, answer and forward telephone calls, as well as other forms of correspondence. They are in charge of transferring callers to the appropriate member of staff, as well as ensuring that only relevant calls go through.
- To monitor the number of office supplies available in their office, as well as ordering replacement supplies as necessary. This can involve taking inventory, keeping records of supplies purchased and purchasing new supplies.
- To handle members/customers' complaints, redirecting members/customers to the appropriate department or officer, scheduling meetings with members/customers and recording members/customers queries.
- To perform any other lawful duties assigned by your supervisors from time to time
- Applicants should possess at least an Ordinary Diploma in Secretarial Studies or any other related course from a recognized Academic Institution.
- Must be attentive to detail and possess high-levels of Communication skills, Computer proficiency, Customer service skills, and Organizational skills.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages.
- WCST’s Members will be given priority
Job application procedure
Please submit your application by the 20th of September 2019. Your application should include a detailed CV containing the contact information of three referees, a cover letter, and academic certificates. Please submit your application package to the Chief Executive Officer through our email ( email@example.com ). Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company