Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centers for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project ‘Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is empowering the National Health Laboratory System (NHLS) in the country to achieve and monitor progress towards the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals. THPS will support the national laboratory systems strengthening through this five-year award in the following key areas:
- Expansion of continuous quality improvement (CQI) of HIV rapid testing to increase access and improve the quality of HIV rapid testing at all levels.
- Enhancement of laboratory information systems (LIS) to support antiretroviral (ART) monitoring, early infant diagnosis (EID), TB and Opportunistic infection (OIs) sample referral and transport networks at all levels of the tiered system.
- Provide support to enhance laboratory biosafety and quality of diagnostic and standard of care laboratory testing in all six tiers of the NHLS
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) on laboratory supply chain management (SCM) including quantification and forecasting in all laboratories.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following positions:
TITLE: NHLS Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (1 position)
REPORTS TO: Project Principal Investigator and THPS Director of ME
LOCATION: Central Office Dar es Salaam (with frequent field travel up to 75%)
To provide overall technical support in the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation project indicators for Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability (SQAS) of the National Health Laboratory ajira Services (NHLS) project implemented by THPS. Work with the project Principal Investigator, Project Coordinator and THPS Director of M&E to build the sustainable capacity of the National Health Laboratory System teams at national, zonal and regional lab levels in managing health information systems. This includes improving capacity in data management and use for program improvement.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of NHLS project Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Develop project indicators and project management plans for effective monitoring of project performance.
- Coordinate and monitor work plans implementation outputs and link with approved workplan indicators
- Organize project data and reports for timely NHLS Project reports as required by the project PI
- Provide technical support in the process of data quality assurance, data cleaning and summarization
- Participate in the development of laboratory systems M&E tools and indicators
- Provide inputs on project funding applications and renewals
- Compile timely weekly, monthly and quarterly M&E activity reports
- Liaise with NHLS Project Coordinator to coordinate support to the RHMTs and CHMTs on LIS Coordinate reporting of project reporting to PEPFAR, MOHCDGEC and Stakeholders
- Perform other duty as required by the Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, computer science, public health, international health, or a related discipline. A background in a medical-related field is an advantage
- Advance degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health or related discipline will be an added advantage
- Working for 4+ years of experience in the design, implementation, and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems. HIV/AIDS epidemiological experience preferred. Experience with primary collection of clinical data, design of forms and data collection instruments, and data analysis is an advantage
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Access and Excel and one or more of the following statistical analysis packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA)
- Leadership skills, team building and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swahili
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 19th 2019 with a subject line for example: NHLS Project Coordinator. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People Living with HIV/AIDS and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From This Company