Makazi Bora Finance Limited (MBFL) is a microfinance company registered under Companies Act, 2002 (Reg. No. 139725735) with the objective of provision of housing and microenterprise financing to low and middle-income communities in order to improve communities’ living standards. The company has taken over the housing microfinance services that were operated by Habitat for Humanity Tanzania (HFHT), the organization that was very active in housing microfinance in the country.
In order to strengthen operations in the provision of housing and microenterprise financing, the company is intending to acquire a very competent management team to oversee day-to-day operations.
In this view, the company is inviting the motivated and qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following vacancies at its office in Dar Es Salaam.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Credit Manager (CM) will be part of the management team of the company, and will be responsible for credit operations within the microfinance operations.
(i) Key Responsibilities
- Cultivating a corporate credit culture which drives growth of the loan portfolio, delivers high customer satisfaction, follows customer protection principles, and enables the company to meet is mission of improving livelihoods for low-income micro-entrepreneurs o Providing leadership and clear focus for the company employees engaged in delivery of credit products and services o Developing strategies (staffing, product, process, marketing, etc.) to enable portfolio growth and client outreach in existing and new regions, o Ensuring strong portfolio quality for group and individual loans, balanced alongside the need to reach the unbanked or financially excluded with unconventional methodologies
- Implementing and continuously updating processes and methodologies for core credit products to ensure they remain client attractive and market-focused, coordinating with the Business Development Department to incorporate research findings as needed, o Identifying staffing needs and actively participating in the recruitment process for credit staff
- Building credit staff competency, providing coaching, designing courses and conducting training where required.
- Working directly with staff in order to ensure the strong quality of credit operations, and implementation of credit policies and procedures, o Participating in the evaluation process credit officers.
(ii) Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields, MBA/ MA Economics. Housing microfinance qualification is an added advantage
- 5 years of relevant experience, in banking/microfinance and credit (retail development focused)
- Strong credit analysis skills and experience
- Experienced in development of credit growth strategies, policies and procedures at a senior level in similar environments o Exposure to microfinance desired; experience with group lending is beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (lii) Critical Competencies:
- Strategy Development – Develops strategic outreach and growth plans; Coordinates strategies; Communicates changes and progress; Completes strategic planning process on time and within budget Manages team activities
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit Able to build morale and group commitments ajira to goals and objectives.
- Managing People – Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills, o Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Understands the need for housing finance and housing value chain o Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned by 5th December 2019:
The Microfinance Consultant,
Makazi Bora Finance Limited,
P.O. Box 31451,
Dar Es Salaam
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
More Jobs From This Company