DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania. MDH seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the above position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and shall be based in Dar es Salaam.
The role of the HR Director is to build, lead and maintain the HR function to contribute to the vision and mission of the MDH. She/he will be responsible for developing and implementing human resources policies, supporting strategic objectives, hiring staff and negotiating employment agreements, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations HR Director will plan, direct and control the human resources activities of the organization including training and staff development, compensation, rewards and benefits, safety and health, welfare and industrial relations.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement human resources strategies in relation to personnel policies, procedures and practices to support the strategic MDH purpose
- Recommend the development of employee terms and conditions of service.
- Develop, implement and control the personnel file information system.
- Advice heads of units on the administration and interpretation of Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Lead, manage, develop and supervise the human resources department team, services and functions.
- Establish automated ajira Human Resources Information Systems Software
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the organization Performance Management Systems (PMS), including identification of training needs and implementation of training and staff development.
- Develop and implement policies for incentive schemes, staff motivation, talent acquisitions/development, and staff retentions.
- Oversee and administer Succession Plans for all organization departments.
- Develop, implement and control the conflict, grievances and labor cases management
- Lead and implement recruitment and selection of senior staff in the organization
- Oversee employee relations to provide a constructive and harmonious working environment for staff safety and well being
- Obtain professional legal guidance and support in the application and administration of labour laws/regulations and other related legal matters.
- Participate in preparation of organization budget and workplan
- Review and authorize staff payments and payroll within approved limit.
- Conduct regular training on human resources management and general management.
- Network with other human resources professionals and maintain up to date information of developments and best practice in the human resources field.
- Establishes the MDH wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the MDH including bonuses and raises.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands and leads participation in at least one salary survey per year
- Attend senior management meetings and contribute to the overall management and development of the organization as a member of senior management team.
- Interface with external services providers, auditors and regulators as appropriate.
- Work with the CEO on HR governance issues to be reported to the board and members
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
- A Master of Human Resource Management OR
- A Master of Business Administration degree on Human Resource Management
Experience, knowledge and skills requirements
- More than 7 years working experience in human resource management
- A member of senior management team with ability to oversee over 200 staff
- Must be familiar with Tanzania Labour Laws and Regulations and other relevant laws
- Experience in reporting to the board of directors on governance issues on HR functions
- Experience in automating human resource functions and integrated information system
- High level of energy, decisive, dependable and reliable.
- High degree of integrity and un-doubtful character.
- Ability to motivate staff, manage and utilize human resources and facilitate teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills and highly organized.
- Superior interpersonal skills, and detail oriented.
- Good problem-solving skills, and strong people skills
- 7 years’ experience in budgeting, HR policies, HR audit, performance management, compensation, timesheets, payroll, conflict resolution,
Interested candidates for this position should submit an application letter, a detailed CV, names and contact information of three work related-referees by December 15, 2019, to the Human Resource Director, through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company