About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviors - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This, in turn, helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director and contribute in ensuring timely, effective, efficient and quality service delivery from Executive Office.
The Role Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office;
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, CMT, Cluster & Regional officers, external stakeholders, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives;
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response;
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff;
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated;
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO as assigned;
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on issues/projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Take notes or minutes of various meetings and assist to prepare presentations as may be tasked.
- Ensure management and maintenance of documentation and office records;
- Process unit expenses and procurement matters in line with policy requirements;
- Implemented processes and procedures that ajira increased operational efficiency; managed daily functions of the office and premises;
- Ensure adequacy of unit related office supplies;
- Manage availability of Board Room and related scheduling;
- Proactively manage government and regulatory correspondence as per established process;
- Ensure adequate cover in office in absence of PA;
- Maintain an effective record of all key contacts for the CEO’s office.
Senior Management & Board Liaison:
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all leaders;
- Facilitates coordination of travel, accommodation and outreach plans for HR, CABM & Legal unit;
- Liaise effectively with other PA’s on matters such as governance meets, visitors and events management;
- Coordinate governance meetings and engagements chaired by CEO;
- Prepare itineraries of CEO’s regional visitors in collaboration with BPM.
- Ensure driver effectively manages his obligations in a professional manner including: driving safely, adhering to work schedules, maintaining vehicle log as required, maintaining the vehicle cleanliness and road worthiness and dressing appropriately;
- Ensure adequate cover in in absence of driver.
Our Ideal Candidate
- High sense of judgement in handling sensitive information regarding the Bank.
- Ability to assist the Chief Executive Officer achieve his objectives / goals effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to priorities various given tasks and ensuring deliverables are met by working rapidly but accurately and in a timely manner.
- Integrity, pro-activeness and initiative are required on various issues.
- Sound up to date complete knowledge in the relevant packages i.e. Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc is required.
- Good administrative skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good Public Relation Skills.
- Good Presentation Skills.
- Prioritizing the workflow and meetings.
- Decide on how to assist customers and associates of the Chief Executive Officer.
- The job is of a highly sensitive nature.
More Jobs From This Company