Responsible for coordination and implementation of the restructuring and recovery activities for the Non-Performing Loan portfolio of the bank.
To provide special attention and support to stressed relationships to ensure proper co-ordination and control of all non-performing loans to prevent ajira losses, maximize recoveries and restore profits through rehabilitation, restructuring, work-out and direct recovery. The role will have direct measured responsibility for all NPLs and staff in the Debt Recovery Unit.
- Initiate and develop restructuring and recovery strategies towards reduction of non-performing loans (NPL) levels as targeted by bank’s management
- Management of non-performing loans to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed with specific focus on top 20 largest NPLs.
- Supervise, guide and manage the On-balance sheet and Off-Balance Sheet Credit Recovery Teams.
- Managing the NPLs committee meetings and acting as secretary to the committee.
- Liaison with Legal Department and external advocates to ensure recovery cases lying in the courts are progressed to completion.
- Provide professional judgment to ensure proper impairment level/provisions is taken consistent with BOT/IFRS regulations/guidelines and bank’s internal policy
- Develop general framework for collections and recoveries of all bank’s loan products.
- Coordinate and manage all banks appointed external agencies (debt collectors, auctioneers, receiver managers, lawyers etc.) and other third party vendors.
- Supervise and coordinate preparation/submission of statutory and regulatory reports required by the bank.
- To provide professional business support to resolve challenges faced by stressed clients.
- To review and recommend loan write-off and abandonment in accordance with BOT regulations and provide recommendation for Board approval.
- Quarterly credit portfolio review and monthly review of loan portfolio quality report and make recommendations for corrective measures.
- Daily review of progress and performance of the Debt Recovery Unit against set targets, initiating and implementing corrective action where necessary.
- For the top 20 NPLs, Assessing customer files, doing call visits and negotiating restructures and settlements for settlement.
- Liaising with business teams, legal and external agents to ensure progress on recoveries as per set targets.
- Arranging, attending and participating in debt recovery meetings, review of debt recovery reports and provisions.
- Attending court cases as and when necessary for recovery cases in courts. Attending property auctions as required
More Jobs From This Company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics/Accounting, Law
- Professional qualifications in CPA (T) ,CPB is an added advantage
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is an added advantage
- Total minimum number of 5 years’ experience
- Experience of 3 years in Debt collections and recoveries is essential
- Experience of 1 year in credit is essential
- Experience of 1 year in eBanking Ops is desirable